Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, Tuesday at noon

By cestrella
Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 11:41 am in Oakland Raiders.

NFL writer Steve Corkran will discuss the Raiders’ season-opening loss to the Colts and preview Game 2 against the Jaguars.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    Al, he is 6′2/ 6′3, but I’m talking about a great WR like J Jones, AJ Green, C Johnson, A Johnson, etc…. A guy who catches everything, run great routes, jumps/ fights for jump balls.
    Streater, Butler, and Moore have talent, but they were late picks/ undrafted for a reason.
    I want a PB WR like CJ and AJ Green.

————————————

“I heard someone was talking about me in here”

- Sammy Watkins
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not talking about you Sammy. I want a big WR that can run who doesn’t have drug issues.

• RaidingTexas

RaiderFanMikeP Says:

I thought everyone knows Mastrud pulled a muscle when he caught the ball and thats why he was so slow..

————————————–

Yeah he pulled up lame. He’s a blocking TE anyway. They didn’t keep him for his pass-catching ability. We should be happy he even caught that ball.

• Dakota

301.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    I want a PB WR like CJ and AJ Green.

————————————

“I heard someone was talking about me in here”

- Sammy Watkins
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

++++++++

Pryor?

• RaiderKenny24

Really Rockstar? I swear that MJD and Yo Gabba Gabba went down then Henne brought them back to force OT no? Didn’t the game go to OT with Henne in…I could be wrong but would still rather face Gabba Gabba.

Either way got to stop MJD,don’t want Mojo to have his breakout game since his injury last year on us. If Vick Ballard can get 100 yards…

• DutchRaider77

295.elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:34 pm
    Bad luck for us Henne sucks, but gabbert is much worse. No problem i think our d is going to mess henne up.

___________________________________________________

Henne, didn’t perform that well in preseason…Bruce Grad and Matt Flynn have better numbers.

• inonewordraider

R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    I want a PB WR like CJ and AJ Green.

————————————

“I heard someone was talking about me in here”

- Sammy Watkins
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

________
    raider O

seein the garage sale priced free agents out there playing hard make you retract any statements about DA or Reggie for the week?

• J Hill

What about the guards man, DMAC 48 yards on 17 carries?

—————————————————————————–

20 isn’t the same guy. He used to be a playMAKER.

Same way Pryor was MAKING things happen yesterday.

Our OG situation is what it is.

• R8erEduc8er

Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm
    I want a PB WR like CJ and AJ Green.

————————————

“I heard someone was talking about me in here”

- Sammy Watkins
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

===============

A little weed? Please. If you need a play maker on offense, get Sammy Watkins. He’s the next Andre Johnson. Trust! Speaking of Andre, the Texans 1st rounder Andre Hopkins played second fiddle to Sammy Watkins. Watkins would fill our #1 reciever and PR/KR roles.

• SnBG

ESPN liking them some Pryor.

• J Hill

TE Jeron Mastrud

On if he cramped up during game: “Yeah. I thought I got kicked in the leg on that play D-Mac (Darren McFadden) caught for a touchdown where they reviewed. I thought I got kicked but he’s like ‘No, it looked like you were cramping’ and then it bit me on that play. Bad timing.”

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

• http://profootballtalk.com Raideraholic (AKAHairyBush)

DMAC hasn’t been productive in almost 2 years.

Let’s go in a different direction.

It annoys me when commentators go on and on about the “explosive” McFadden. When in reality DmAc hasn’t been anything worth mentioning. With the exception of the big run in the Steeler game last year, tell me what he has done?

DMAC is holding back our running game.

• Dakota

311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might.

• J Hill

On what he can say to Terrelle Pryor: “Hey man, keep your head up because the way he played gave us a chance to win and that’s all we can ask of him. There are a lot of people that don’t think much of Terrelle Pryor and don’t think much of a lot of people on this team, but he gave us a chance to win on offense and gave us a chance to win on a lot of plays out there today. We were up in that game and so we got to pull it out.”

- C Wood

• R8erEduc8er
  • http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Watkins is 6′ maybe 6’1. I want a big WR who doesn’t smoke weed. I like weed, but I don’t want the best WR on my team suspended because he can’t stop smoking weed.

• alex7

Gdog, Texas

So if the OC calls a pocket pass, say, 3 plays before that 1st and goal, that’s ok?

Not sure what difference it makes if you throw an INT 3 plays before that 1st down, or on that first down. Either way it kills the drive.

Point being, a QB must be able to deliver a freakin’ POCKET PASS at any point, based on what the D tendency is for THAT DOWN.

• SnBG

Can TP quite with the bad mistakes?????????????????????

• DutchRaider77

Anybody, like me accidently draft Ridley?

Kicking themseleves?

Well…Report: Surgery for Shane Vereen (Wrist Surgery)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lets talk about your boy DMC. Is he done? Can’t break tackles, can’t make people miss, and he is averaging less than 3YPC and you can’t blame the ZBS.

Todd Watkins?

• alex7

lol. Yep. Bring him back. Long hair and all.

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Todd Watkins?

Anybody, like me accidently draft Ridley?

Kicking themseleves?

***

No, but the guys looking REALLY foolish were the ones that drafted Wilson (Giants) & Redman (Steelers)

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Todd Watkins?
    $$$$$$$$$

Sammy Watkins.

• DMAC

Good afternoon peoples!

Yeah, I know its only one game into the season, but you gotta like what we saw from our Oakland Raiders, yesterday.

Gotta give credit to OC Greg Olson. Play calling was a good match for TP2 strengths. (Can’t believe there were fans of Knapp in here)…You know who u are!
    TP2 needs to stop throwing those ints in the redzone. Once he improves that…..Watch out!!
    Love the way the D came to play in the 2nd half. They will only get better, the more they play together. Maybe the 1st time the starting D played together.
    The Oline played well, considering we had a LT that hadn’t played that position in about 3-4years and a RT we just signed 5 days ago. (Give credit to TP2, Ends were a bit hesitant to blast up the field, because of his elusiveness.)
    For once, DA made adjustments at half time, and for once, was not out coached.

But most importantly, guys were playing their asses off, and not just collecting pay checks.

• SnBG

TP is the man
    Aus will be back
    Not sure about DMC, he may be done.
    Secondary came together.
    LBs played much better than last year.

• RaiderKenny24

Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Watkins is 6′ maybe 6′1. I want a big WR who doesn’t smoke weed. I like weed, but I don’t want the best WR on my team suspended because he can’t stop smoking weed.

==========================

Haha! I agree. I like Streater and let’s see what Butler has…but Dalton,Stafford,Cutler,Romo have those dudes than make the QB look better on some plays IMO.

No doubt about it,the prototype 6’3″/6’4″ fast almost indefensible WR (CJ,Green,Marshall,Demaryius Thomas,Dez Bryant) is an asset to those QB’s that have them.

Yes,the QB needs to have the ability to get the ball to them – but guys like these DEFINITELY bail them out with top level skills more often than not. Winning matchups on talent alone when the ball is in the air.

• Dakota

320.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+++++++++++++

He might be…does that make you smile?

That day in KC when he looked down at his foot may have been the end. It should be looked at like the day Bo went down….it just didn’t end so abruptly for McFadden…..but it is the same bad Raider luck we seem to have had for the past 30 years. Another very talented back’s career ended or stunted due to injury.

• hwnrdr

Key point is…everyone played with heart!

• DMAC

Oh yeah didn’t I say the “Honey Badger” was a gamer. Did you guys see the play he did yesterday?

FK!!!!!!!!
    He could of been a Raider!!!

• DMAC

Wassup Hwnrdr

• SnBG

Maybe having a little more taleny on the team allows the coaches to make better adjustments. Anyone think of that.

• R8erEduc8er

Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    ————-

That’s cool. Your opinion. Mine is weed aint ish and it’s not addictive. I used to smoke quite regularly, don’t know. This team needs a playmaker at WR and on special teams. Watkins excel in both areas. If you want a bigger, playmaking WR then it’ll have to come thru FA and that ain’t happening. Watkins is listed at 6’1″ and 205 lbs…not small and he plays bigger than his measurables. If you can find a bigger, faster, more dynamic, playmaking WR that can return punts and kicks coming into the draft next yr, be my guess…but you’ll regret passing on Watkins. Just my opinion. Moving on…

wow, really?

some people NEVER learn. if any of this is true, tie a brick to this guy’s feet and push him off the bridge

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Good day Mr. Prez.

• inonewordraider

compared with the hue/cable era:

our wr’s are better

our d is better

pryor>Jason Campbell and he’ll continue to improve (there will be some ugly throws along the way)

the missing ingredient:DMAC

• zopi

Donte Moncrief, Ole Miss

• SnBG

It will be interesting to see what we do against the Jags after the Chiefs beat them down. A good measuring stick for us next week.

• DMAC

What up O Dog

• DJ Johnny

Pryor is all over the net.

He’s our “star”. Our only one.

• Relentless

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    TP is the man
    Aus will be back
    Not sure about DMC, he may be done.
    Secondary came together.
    LBs played much better than last year.
    —–
    Just heard that Andrew Luck had the best passer rating of his career against the Raiders since he started in the league. He should have never gotten that rush TD. We were being held.

• hwnrdr

331.DMAC Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    Wassup Hwnrdr

Wassup DMAC! Ready for tailgating? Unfortunately I won’t be there til the Pitt game!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

No doubt about it,the prototype 6′3″/6′4″ fast almost indefensible WR (CJ,Green,Marshall,Demaryius Thomas,Dez Bryant) is an asset to those QB’s that have them.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Exactly. That would have been the difference between a TD and an INT (TP’s 1st INT). I bet CJ, AJ, and Dez make that catch.

• hwnrdr

He had one incomplete (at least it looked like it to me just before the half) but it was never reviewed!

• Relentless

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:54 pm
    —–
    If Gabbert doesn’t play it might be a hard game. I think Chad Henne is a better QB than Gabbert.

• DMAC

I’m missing the opener this year
    Heading out to Vegas, Thursday

• Relentless

hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

—–
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.

• SnBG

I like this WR talk but if we don’t get that O Line fixed it will be draft an O lineman next year.

• hwnrdr

346.DMAC Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:57 pm
    hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

331.DMAC Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    Wassup Hwnrdr

==========

Sale me your tix
    lol
    I’m missing the opener this year
    Heading out to Vegas, Thursday

Haha! My friend already sold my ticket! The next 2 I’ll be in Hawaii! (Unless they do move/swap the SD game!)

• DutchRaider77

338.SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

________________________________________________

Think the Cowboys thrash the Chiefs this weekend? Can’t believe I am pulling for the Cowboys…break them Monte!