Live chat: Inside the Oakland Raiders, Tuesday at noon

By cestrella
Monday, September 9th, 2013 at 11:41 am in Oakland Raiders.

NFL writer Steve Corkran will discuss the Raiders’ season-opening loss to the Colts and preview Game 2 against the Jaguars.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    320.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lets talk about your boy DMC. Is he done? Can’t break tackles, can’t make people miss, and he is averaging less than 3YPC and you can’t blame the ZBS.

+++++++++++++

He might be…does that make you smile?

That day in KC when he looked down at his foot may have been the end. It should be looked at like the day Bo went down….it just didn’t end so abruptly for McFadden…..but it is the same bad Raider luck we seem to have had for the past 30 years. Another very talented back’s career ended or stunted due to injury.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smile?!?! That our 1st RD (top 4 pick) RB is useless now?!?! You are bitter.
    And DMC is no Bo. When did you start doing drugs? Are you high on that stuff they call Marguana?

• hwnrdr

Well, to start the second half, he went 0-3!

• SnBG

That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    What, they shut Luck down in the second half. Jenkins was on it and so was Porter.

• DMAC

I forgot who made the hit that was flagged. That was BS! I thought he lead w/ his shoulder.
    Guys are goin to start tackling low, and more torn acl’s etc are going to occur

• Relentless

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    —–
    That was our front line guys, not the secondary.

• DMAC

Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:56 pm
    Just heard that Andrew Luck had the best passer rating of his career against the Raiders since he started in the league. He should have never gotten that rush TD. We were being held.

He had one incomplete (at least it looked like it to me just before the half) but it was never reviewed!
    —–
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    ========

We were getting shredded w/ the underneath routes. Good thing we adjusted and starting getting pressure on Luck. The old Raider team would of just got shredded over and over again like the Bills game last year.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    Watkins is 6′ maybe 6′1. I want a big WR who doesn’t smoke weed. I like weed, but I don’t want the best WR on my team suspended because he can’t stop smoking weed.
    ————-

That’s cool. Your opinion. Mine is weed aint ish and it’s not addictive. I used to smoke quite regularly, don’t know. This team needs a playmaker at WR and on special teams. Watkins excel in both areas. If you want a bigger, playmaking WR then it’ll have to come thru FA and that ain’t happening. Watkins is listed at 6′1″ and 205 lbs…not small and he plays bigger than his measurables. If you can find a bigger, faster, more dynamic, playmaking WR that can return punts and kicks coming into the draft next yr, be my guess…but you’ll regret passing on Watkins. Just my opinion. Moving on…
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I love weed, and I don’t think the NFL should make it a banned substance, but I don’t want the best WR on my team suspended for 4-6 games cause he can’t stop smoking.
    I also don’t want my PB WR returning kicks and punts. I want him on offense making plays not taking a lot of hits on STs.

• Relentless

DMAC Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:02 pm
    Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

—–
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    ========

—–
    I agree

• J Hill

Wassup DMac!

I don’t think you are going to see folks start going for knees. More often than not, these guys respect each other and consider that dirty.

• hwnrdr

like the Bills game last year.

You mean the year before!

• SnBG

Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    —–
    That was our front line guys, not the secondary.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    You didn’t see that Luck couldn’t do anything deep.

• Plunketthead

I have been a fan of a smaller stadium for a long time.
    Make it 45-50 thousand. Make all seats great ones and make it loud. Build it close to the field so other teams hate coming here. Give us a real home field advantage

• Dakota

351.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:58 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    320.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+++++++++++++

He might be…does that make you smile?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smile?!?! That our 1st RD (top 4 pick) RB is useless now?!?! You are bitter.

++++++++++++++++++

I never said he was Bo, I said his injury should be looked at just like Bo’s….another talented RB taken out by injury.

Bo is the best RB in the history of the NFL IMO. Losing both after only a short period of dominance is sad. You seem happy about it though.

• DMAC

J Hill Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Wassup DMac!

========

You got it wrong J Heezy
    No one wants to lose $$$$$$
    If guys keep getting fined, best believe they will start tackling low

• DutchRaider77

360.hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    like the Bills game last year.

You mean the year before!

_____________________________________________________

Really Raider fans black out last year…thank god for alcohol!

• RaiderKenny24

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Anybody, like me accidently draft Ridley?

Kicking themseleves?

***

No, but the guys looking REALLY foolish were the ones that drafted Wilson (Giants) & Redman (Steelers)

=====================

Ridley we be alright…maybe,look out for Blount or Bolden ya never know with the Hoodie. Sucks that Vereen got hurt as I own him all leagues.

But those who drafted Wilson may be sunk. Old man Coughlin benched him last year until like week 15 from a week 1 fumble/miss pass block or something.

This year I went QBs/WRs and pass catching RBs with either a stud TE or an upside guy. My teams are all built like this…

- Kap,Peyton,Brees,Romo – (Pryor to back up in all except 1 league,Palmer in that one,junk time baby)

- Reggie Bush,Vereen,Sproles,Giovanni Bernard,DeAngelo Williams in all

- Demaryius Thomas,Marshall,Fitz,AJ Green,Kenbrell Thompkins,Josh Gordon,Vincent Brown

- Jordan Cameron in 3, Witten in 1 (Gronk in one until he gets healthy)

• SnBG

The reason Luck ran for the TD was because the secondary had all of the receivers locked up.That was the front 7s fault.

• DMAC

hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

like the Bills game last year.

You mean the year before!
    =======

My bad

• PlunkforHOF

As I expected, the haters have tucked their d!cks between their legs and are capering in front of the mirror saying “I’d fvck me” like Jame Gumb in Silence of the Lambs over a Raider loss that most actual fans found a little hope in.

MR playing good cop, bad cop saying he’s seen the light while all the rest of the Sock Puppet Army gloats over the Raiders VERY closely losing a game that ALMOST NO ONE GAVE THEM THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE OF EVEN BEING CLOSE IN.

Fvck the others.

• DMAC

DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

360.hwnrdr Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    like the Bills game last year.

You mean the year before!

_____________________________________________________

Really Raider fans black out last year…thank god for alcohol!
    =======

Can’t forget Mary Jane

• J Hill

Looks like Hakeem Nicks might be available after all next offseason.

We need to spend so FA $ so I look for him to be that BIG playmaking WR.

I want to see what Butler and Holmes can do this year though.

And we’ve got to get Criner’s BIG arsse out there.

• Relentless

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    —–
    That was our front line guys, not the secondary.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    You didn’t see that Luck couldn’t do anything deep.
    —–
    He went deep a couple times. And he ran for that TD cause Hayden was being held in the middle.

• PlunkforHOF

Plunketthead Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    I have been a fan of a smaller stadium for a long time.

################################

I kinda dig this idea Plunk#1!!!

• SnBG

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Nope Sweetness, Brown, Dickerson and O.J have him beat.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    351.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:58 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    320.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:47 pm
    Dakota Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    311.Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm
    Dakota,

TP is our QB. Get over it.

++++++++++++

Win some and I might
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+++++++++++++

He might be…does that make you smile?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Smile?!?! That our 1st RD (top 4 pick) RB is useless now?!?! You are bitter.

++++++++++++++++++

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Oh yeah…… I am really happy about it. We are paying a guy $6 million to avg less than 3 YPC, and our best player on offense is done. Lets celebrate!!
    You are BITTER.

• DMAC

Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    —–
    That was our front line guys, not the secondary.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    You didn’t see that Luck couldn’t do anything deep.
    —–
    ======

DHB at his best

• J Hill

Tyvon Branch is NOT going to take out his BOY DHB with a knee capper.

• DMAC

SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Nope Sweetness, Brown, Dickerson and O.J have him beat.
    =======

Still early, but AP is on his way to being the greatest RB ever. IMO

trade #20 to Giants

trade #12 to Steelers

thanks in advance, Reggie!

• DutchRaider77

Was Andre Holmes one of the recievers that Pryor was working with all off-season?

• J Hill

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN 4m

New guy Tony Pashos was given a solid grade by @PFF. Didn’t allow a sack, hit or a hurry.

——————————————————————————-

LOL

This should add some spice to the Charlie/JFB Oline debate.

• hwnrdr

Tyvon was actually around the ball a lot more yesterday!

• rediaR

Relentless Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm
    SnBG Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:59 pm
    That’s why I don’t believe our secondary is doing well.
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    —–
    That was our front line guys, not the secondary.
    ——————–
    I’d argue the first half was about the ineffectiveness of the front. Luck wasn’t pressured much early and ended up beating tight coverage with great throws.

• DMAC

Gotta run peoples!
    Go A’s!
    Go Dubs!
    Go Cal Bears!
    Go Canelo!
    GO Raiders!
    Peace

• Dakota

No way, had Bo played full time and played the same number of games as any of those guys his numbers would surpass theirs by far.

Bo is the greatest athlete any of us will ever witness in our lives.

I Fing HATE Kevin Walker!

• SnBG

DA was able to blitz more and make game day adjustments because our secondary and LBs are better.

• PlunkforHOF

Didn’t read the whole thread,. word is Gabbert out on Sunday. Spread here in Reno is Raiders -5.5. Good thing I got some cash on hand.

• edward teach

Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:52 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 1:45 pm
    ————-

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

*******************************************************

He was suspended because the campus police caught him with it. No record of him failing multiple tests or anything, which is what you might expect to see if he “couldn’t stop smoking weed”, as you say. Also, the incident was in 2012.

I see your point, but to me it looks like a college kid got caught with some weed. Which could happen to a pretty large percentage of the campus population if we want to be honest about it.

Sammy is a playmaker. He runs in the 4.3′s and can play football. We’ve needed someone like that for a good long time. I agree that he maybe shouldn’t be returning kicks, but we desperately need playmakers on offense and he is definitely that.

I posted about him yesterday, oddly enough. If Pryor continues to improve and can lock down the spot, AND if Tarver can continue to work his magic with the pass rush and maybe get some help there in FA, Sammy would be a fantastic add to our offense.

• J Hill

“I don’t think he was trying to hurt me,” Sullivan said. “But there need to be consequences when guys don’t respect the careers of other players.”

DMAC, Check this out.

• Kirk

RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 12:09 pm
    Raiders Beat ‏@RaidersBeat 4h Impressive –> @PFF_NateJahnke: Recently signed Tony Pashos started for the #Raiders and did not allow a single pressure.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Move Pashos to the left side.

• lefty12

J Hill,this staff doesn’t just hand out playing time you have to earn it.If Criner would show he deserves to play he would see the field more often.Whatever his problem is I wish he fix it cuz I too would love to see his big arse playing.

• PlunkforHOF

Nice to see Blackbeard back onboard.. one of my favorite, sensible semis..

• Dakota

AP is great….but he is no Bo.

• rediaR

I think the Jags have a better shot with Henne. Gabbert isn’t starting because he’s better he’s starting because they want to make sure he sucks before they draft his replacement in April.

• SnBG

Going to run now. Have a good evening all and enjoy MNF.

• DutchRaider77

389.J Hill Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

DMAC, Check this out.

______________________________________________

Did this remind you of the hit Sapp put on the GB lineman when Sapp was on the Bucs? Remember Sapp/GB Oline coach going at it? Sapp took the dude out for the year…

• edward teach

Thanks for the kind words, Plunk.

Bo Jackson was 23 years ago, fellas

time to move on with your lives!

• Dakota

398.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:17 pm
    Bo Jackson was 23 years ago, fellas

time to move on with your lives!

++++++

If we can’t think back 23 years, then I guess we better erase those three Super Bowl trophies from our memories too….

• RaiderKenny24

PlunkforHOF Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Plunketthead Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 2:04 pm
    I have been a fan of a smaller stadium for a long time.

################################

I kinda dig this idea Plunk#1!!!

=========================================

Yeah that’s what Mark Davis was saying in the interview with Paul Gutierrez on the BSPN Raider team blog…

“Look at Seattle,they don’t have a gigantic Cowboys like stadium,they have one that is good for their market…it’s in a great area,got great seats and it’s LOUD!”

…or something like that (it’s not verbatim).