Janikowski also absent from practice; Pryor maturing as leader

Coach Dennis Allen added kicker Sebastian Janikowski’s name to the list of those players held out of practice Wednesday.
Unlike the other players, however, Janikowski is all but a sure thing to play Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
“I don’t think it’s a major factor or anything,” Allen said. “Again, we have a long season and we don’t want this to be something that’s going to be a lingering injury. We’re going to be smart with him. We’ll limit the amount of times he’s kicking, but he’ll be fine.”
Tight end David Ausberry, offensive tackle Menelik Watson and strong safety Tyvon Branch also missed practice today.

– Linebacker Sio Moore returned to practice Wednesday, and he appears better suited to play in a game now than he did last week.
Moore played only eight defensive snaps against the Colts last week because of a sore toe. Allen said he anticipates Moore being ready for a heightened role against the Jaguars.
With that being said, Allen said, Kaluka Maiava is someone the Raiders can benefit from having on the field often, as he was against the Colts.
“We definitely like Kaluka,” Allen said. “He’s a good football player, and we got to find ways to get him on the field and let him play.”

– Colts defensive end Robert Mathis joked about running more than five miles while chasing after Pryor on Sunday. There were times when Mathis and other Colts defenders either gasped or retired to the sideline for a breather.
Meanwhile, Pryor and the rest of the Raiders went about their business, content knowing they had an edge over their weary counterparts.
It’s all part of the adjustments taking place with the Raiders, as they adjust to life with Pryor as their quarterback.
Wide receiver Denarius Moore summed it up this way:
“It’s going to be easier for you to get open because the (defensive backs) normally are going to be confused if they should come up and make a play on Terrelle or if they should go at you,” Moore said.
“With that being said, it makes sense that when your number is called, a normal play takes three to five seconds but with Terrelle can last up to 10 seconds.”
Pryor said even though he and others are fatigued, too, they’re still of the belief that they have an edge.
“It was kind of easy on (the offensive linemen) because the defensive line of Indianapolis was tired, and it helped them out and they didn’t have to move as much,” Pryor said. “I was pretty much eluding guys and doing my thing. But they were pretty sharp. Some guys were huffing and puffing, but that’s football.”
To that end, Pryor said offensive linemen and others are spending more time on the treadmill and boosting their cardio in light of what lies ahead over the course of a long season.
Center Stefen Wisniewski said he and his linemates held up fine against the Colts. Even so,
“It’s definitely a whole different mind-set as far as protection goes,” Wisniewski said. “It’s something that we’re going to have to practice. You don’t just turn a switch and go from blocking for 4 seconds to blocking for 8 seconds.
“It’s something that you kind of have to work at. The more that we work with him, we’ll kind of start getting used to that and getting used to the fact that, we’re going to look back, he’s rolling out and we got to go find some work.”

– Pryor keeping alive plays and running often isn’t without its flaws. Several times against the Colts, Pryor found himself light on time as the play clock ticked down.
“It’s a factor of a lot of things, especially when you got a guy that’s running down the field and then when the ball is out of bounds the play clock starts,” Allen said. “We’ve made an emphasis on, get to the huddle, let’s get the play called, let’s get in and out of the huddle faster so we got more time to see them when we get to the line of scrimmage.”
Pryor said that’s one of the many things that he is working on in an attempt to become a more well-rounded player.
“You just get winded,” Pryor said, “and I’ve just got to keep on getting better at that. Maybe I’m not good at being in condition. Maybe I’ve got to condition more or something like that.
“But I don’t think that’s the issue. I just think it’s just I’m so psyched up, it’s just in the game and it’s in the moment, and I’m just huffing and puffing and trying to get the play call out. But I’ve got to figure out a way to get better at that and we’ll be a lot better this week, I can promise that.”

– Then there’s the matter of Pryor knowing when to take a hit or when to give up on a play.
Allen said that remains a work in progress, but it’s something that Pryor needs to grasp so that he has a better chance of holding up through an entire season.
That fact isn’t lost on Pryor, either.
“I’m 6-foot-5, 238 (pounds), I feel like I take that stuff on,” Pryor said. “But you have to play smart because you want to last and you want to give the team the best chance to win.”
Therefore, Pryor said, he’s going to be more conscious of picking his spots as to when to sacrifice his body in exchange for a chance at picking up a first down or a touchdown.
“When we’ve got to keep the chains moving when it’s most important, I believe I’ll probably do whatever I have to do to go get the first. But after that, I can’t sit here and lie to you because I’m so competitive I might forget. I need to get down, absolutely. I have to. I got guys counting on me and I need to get down.”
Allen, naturally, is worried about his starting quarterback taking one too many hits, as was the case with the Redskins Robert Griffin III last season.
Griffin III ended up with a serious knee injury that required surgery, and he only now is back on the field, though he is wearing a brace and doesn’t look like the same dynamic player he was last season.
“The thing you have to understand is when’s it time to declare the play over,” Allen said. “You don’t want to take any of his athleticism away from him because he has the ability to make some big plays.
“What you want to do is limit the amount of times he takes the hit. So he’s got to do a good job of seeing that he can get what he can get and not take the hit at the end of the play.”

– Now that Pryor is the unquestioned starter, he no longer needs to wonder whether his teammates are following his lead.
That wasn’t always the case, he said. In fact, as recently as two weeks ago, Pryor felt unsure how much clout he had with his teammates.
“When it was me and Matt going at it, it’s kind of tricky to be a leader and lead guys,” Pryor said, “because who are they looking at? Me? Matt? Who are they looking at to lead them? Now that that’s decided, I’m just going to go out and be myself.”
As Pryor’s teammates are finding out more and more, being himself mean few, if any, days off.
“It’s been successful, getting the guys in, and I believe that’s why we had some success against Indianapolis,” Pryor said, “because we had guys like Darren McFadden, Marcel Reece, that wanted to get better, and they’re in a meeting room on an off day on Tuesday at 8 in the morning.
“That shows that you want to be successful and that’s just a burning desire to be successful. I believe that if we just keep on getting more guys to do that, we’re going to be better.”

– Allen had this to say to Raiders fans that haven’t purchased tickets for Sunday’s regular-season home-opener against the Jaguars:
“Get your tickets. Come on out. It will be fun. We’re going to go out, we’re going to compete, battle hard and we’re going to play good football.”

Steve Corkran

• Scourge

:mrgreen: good to hear from you! :twisted:

:mrgreen: :cool: :x :D :P :shock: :evil: :) :roll: :???:

• JLofty

Blog fun…

romania Says:
    Vegas has lots of characters and fun dives off the glitter areas.
    ========================================================

Used to like a place called ‘Runway 25′ pretty near the airport (obviously) in the’90′s.
    $10 got you a 32 oz beer and $10 in quarters for the video slots. I’m a cheap date.

• Crawfish Joe

Troll Patrol Says:
    September 11th, 2013 at 11:58 pm
    Seymour Bush = Silver6 = Beeecham’s Gay Lover

MR = Dr. Robert = Drexl = Alex7 = ABP = Zymurge = Stomper = Dirk

MR please take it easy on me. This is tough to keep track of. No more sock puppets for at least a month!

========================

While your quest is commendable and admirable, I cannot concur MR = dr r. While each may command an entire army of their own sockpuppets, there are subtle differences of blog etiquette between the two that extreme cross posting could not gather. MR has been around for quite sometime and is a seasoned vet, where as Dr R is more of a newbie and his sockpuppet brigade are a little more blowhard if you will. But in the world of sockpuppeteering, it is a cloudy and murky business to say the least.

Crawfish Joe Says:
    :mrgreen:
    INTERNATIONAL_BROTHERHOOD_OF_ELECTRICAL_COCKROACHES
    :cool: :x :mrgreen: and all honorary guests :!:
    We’re in for the long haul now.
    ========================================================

No matter how it goes down, it’ll be a long howl as well.
    Were you who I thought? Pardon, but I’m getting senile. Sometimes I repeat myself.
    Pardon, but I’m getting senile.
    Were you who I thought?

• Crawfish Joe

Scourge of the East it is 4AM on the east. My cut off us in 10 minutes in the west.

• Crawfish Joe

No matter how it goes down, it’ll be a long howl as well.
    Pardon, but I’m getting senile.
    Were you who I thought?
    ================================

Going to need more clarification. But if was negative or antagonistic or dissing Pryor or engaging in sloppy drivel or any other non positive banter, no.
    :mrgreen:

Pryor 2013. It’s On :!:

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Crawfish Joe, only if my original theory had been correct, namely, MR took an extended blog trolling and disruption course, and came back as Miss Tick and Nurse Robbie,could that be true. The psychopathy is frightening to think of, although harmless enough here.
    That level of simultaneous disassociation for simple narcissistic pleasure from a blog would be hard to comprehend.
    There’s always the AI theory that MR’s post’s first suggested, but that’s a little out there.
    But worth exploring.

• Scourge

Crawfish Joe Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 12:41 am

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

????

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Crawdaddy, a senile funny, no more, no less.
    Pryor’s cool with this Palmer fan no doubt.
    Was asking about your nom de plume in PlunkforHOF’s official list.
    And good night.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Scourge, you’re up to late!

And too late, as well.

• Crawfish Joe

After the excitement of the Raider Seahacks game and the long weekend, I checked in but for awhile the anti Pryor crowd made it hard to come back in. You were gone but if you look back, it was ugly. Trolling can be fun, but disruption of the Dr/Mystic kind is a whole nether level.

• Scourge

P-man, hafta stay up until 8:30am EST when my shift ends.

Trying to get used to the overnight shifts.

• JLofty

true dat…

Crawfish Joe Says:
    ===========================================
    Our occassional crossposting isn’t trolling,IMO.
    Dr/Mystic hyperbole engenders some ugly responses and does make this place highly avoidable to otherwise reasonable commenters.
    There are others, but …

• rediaR

Hold on, let me compile a list of people who generally disagree with me so I can say they are the same person.

Scourge Says:

P-man, hafta stay up until 8:30am EST when my shift ends.

Trying to get used to the overnight shifts.
    ======================================================

You used to bail 8:30-9:30 PM when the computer lab closed. Thought that was a school thing? Or Univ. thing?

• Derek

#415: BigMike is also a Dr. Slob alias. On another note, Raiders management has been proven to be clueless. First they waste time and energy on Flynn and other hacks at the expense of Pryor who has already proven to be the teams best player. DA has no clue relative to handling freakish talent. He’s mishandled TP big time and the same applies to Reece, Ausberry, Rivera and Butler. DA seems to have no ability to think or see outside of the box. The same seems to apply to Spuds/Spots McKenzie. Both men seem to be in over their heads in their current jobs.

rediaR Says:
    =====================================================

After a 12 pack, I generally disagree with everybody, so they’re all me!

• rediaR

“Pryor who has already proven to be the teams best player.”

huh

• Scourge

Yeah, it was a school thing. But since the semester started the computer lab’s are open later and I still have access for another month or two.

I’m at a part-time job I recently started and I have computer access there (now). I work the overnight shift here two nights a week and pick up others as needed.

• Pootbutt/Dumbass

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    Our occassional crossposting isn’t trolling,IMO.
    =====================================================

Obviously, I meant as Pootbutt/Dumbass kind of handles.

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

Is occasional cross-posting occasional trolling?

:mrgreen:

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Scourge, I’ll hang for a while, but I could just as suddenly decide I’m out.
    Keep the lights burning.

Occasionally.

• Derek

Trolls are generally lonely losers with no life. They use the internet and blogs as their sole opportunity to communicate with others. They’re anti-social/misfit personalities make it impossible to carry on a rational, non-racist conversation.
    Dr. Slob and those like him demonstrate the reality; losers are consistently negative and/or constantly looking for fault while winners are generally positive thinking individuals with vision.

• Bag O Nuts

going thru’ mine abecedarianally.

• E Reptile Dysfunction

Electrical Cockroaches For Palmer Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:15 am
    Is occasional cross-posting occasional trolling?

:mrgreen:

================

I suppose. However, it could by just a simple matter of interpretation.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

:mrgreen: B-D

• Zubenelgenubi

But I recently found out that the alpha star in my constellation(Libra) was Zubenelgenubi, so I’ve reversed the abecedarian order.

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

er ….

:mrgreen: 8-D

• Derek

#471: Who’s better than Pryor ? Name one guys who offers more to the team as it relates to talent and results.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

Zubenelgenubi Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:25 am

==================================

It’s about time, the neighbors have been on your 8ss about this for a long time now.

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

Derek Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:25 am

================================================

Does this person hafta be on the team presently?

Derek Says:
    Name one guys
    =================

I’ll name three guy.

Just joking, Derek!

• Golden Haired Hero

Who’s better than Pryor ?

Nobody comes to mind.

• Cult of Palmer

The devil you say!

• Chicken-n’-Waffles

Cut me some slack.
    I couldn’t afford that level of talent.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Man! I worked up a sweat!

• Zubenelgenubi

Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:26 am

Zubenelgenubi Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:25 am

==================================

===================================================

Last time I reversed my abecedarian order, I got arrested.

• Electrical Cockroaches for Palmer

Zubenelgenubi Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:36 am

Last time I reversed my abecedarian order, I got arrested.
    ===================================

Did you get condemned to hetzdefarianitude?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Play fair. Real words. Germans with sexual attitude adjustments?

• THEPERFECTHATRED

I have nothing to contribute.

• Scurriedlicious Invertebrae

No cockroaches here.

• GoLDMeMBeR

Goldmember and Galaxy Quest both starting.
    I may be here for a while.
    Why don’t I have Goldmember as a crossposting name?

• GoLDMeMBeR