Allen won’t talk about Watson’s health

ALAMEDA — A report surfaced Thursday morning about Raiders left offensive tackle Menelik Watson undergoing surgery to repair some knee damage that he suffered in practice last week.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said “no” Thursday afternoon, when asked if he would confirm the report. He added that it’s Raiders policy not to comment on a player’s health until he’s back on the field.
The report said Watson won’t be back for a month or so. Therefore, don’t expect any Watson updates for a while, given Watson isn’t in the locker room these days, either.

– Tight end David Ausberry didn’t practice Thursday, either. That makes it less likely that Ausberry will play Sunday against the Jaguars.
Allen typically prefers that players practice at least one day before a game for them to play in the game that week.
If Ausberry can’t play, Jeron Mastrud is expected to make his second straight start. Rookie Mychal Rivera also will see plenty of playing time.
Strong safety Tyvon Branch (shoulder) was limited at practice Thursday, one day after he missed all of practice because of an injury he suffered against the Colts.

– Linebacker Sio Moore was a full go at practice today. Therefore, it’s possible that he will start against the Jaguars, Allen said.
Moore is recovering from a toe injury that forced him to miss most of the opener against the Colts.
Allen said he envisions Moore and backup Kaluka Maiava getting significant playing time.

– Allen said he doesn’t care how the Raiders get their rushing yards, as long as the total is acceptable.
So be it, but there comes a time when the Raiders need to be able to count upon lead back Darren McFadden.
Against the Colts, McFadden netted only 48 yards on 17 carries. Overall, the Raiders amassed 171 yards rushing.
Allen said he is encouraged by the fact that the reason McFadden failed to bust off any long runs owes more to one or two guys not holding their blocks for long enough than it does anything McFadden did.
“It’s one or two guys being able to stay on their block longer, maybe hit the hole a little bit differently,” Allen said. “It was not a factor of breakdowns as much as just our ability to finish the play off and that’s what we have to continue to improve on.”

– Allen and defensive coordinator Jason Tarver talked at length last year about the Raiders defense being “multiple.”
That never really materialized, for whatever reasons. Against the Colts, we got our first look at what Allen and Tarver envisioned.
Perhaps it’s Tarver now having the personnel. At some point, every one of the linebackers and defensive backs blitzed against the Colts.
“What we try to do defensively is to try to be multiple, try to be as simple as we can on ourselves, but give some different looks, bring some different people, make them have to account for everybody,” Allen said.
That’s what Tarver wants, for opposing offenses to wonder where the pressure is coming from on a given play, being forced to account for all 11 defenders each play.

– Tarver spent time earlier this week grilling offensive coordinator Greg Olson about the Jaguars offense and the players that remain from when Olson was the team’s offensive coordinator.
Tarver said, in particular, he got a better feel for which receivers quarterback Chad Henne likes to go to on certain plays and his strengths and weaknesses.
Olson said there’s only so much he can pass along given the offensive and defensives schemes changed in Jacksonville with the arrival of new head coach Gus Bradley.

Steve Corkran

• aig-raiders

The GOP wanted the Prez to get their approval before any strike….So the POTUS does just that. Last that I checked, the GOP has yet to authorize a strike in Congress. But people rather repeat talking points from Fox than actually understand the situation.

• jesusraiderjim

@RRS 697

You can never go wrong with a “Wishy Washy Titty Monkey” reference.

• inonewordraider

the Prez has no backbone. he keeps changing his stance. it makes him (thus, the USA) appear weak

_____________
    you prefer him attacking Syria because it makes him look strong over deciding not too because there’s a better solution? seriously, be impartial for a second…

if George w would been as wise we would have saved alotta LIVES by not going to Iraq

same could be said for Johnson in veitnam

@AIG

I’m sure you “understand the situation” since you watch CNN, haha

You can never go wrong with a “Wishy Washy Titty Monkey” reference.

***

thanks, JRJ

I try to sneak one in whenever I can :P

• raiderlization

Let’s just say that Moore and Ford are KR’s and not
    #1 or #2 WR’s. This has been a problem with the Raiders having no true #1 or #2 WR’s! Look at Brady last night and Smith! They also don’t have the weapons needed! But more so Oakland! You have to go all the way back to promoting Jerry Porter after Brown and Rice were let go! We have not had productive WR’s since then! All wanting to be promoted up but not capable of doing the job! Moore is a PR and Ford is a KR! anything you get beyond that is extra! We need Wide Out’s! No QB will be successful with those two as only options! Go Raiders! Keep it Real!

• jesusraiderjim

@RRS

Raider O would be proud!!

The Hairy Basturd! LOL

I have never quoted Fox News in the 5 years blogging here.

people think that every conservative republican does, lol

KoolKell quotes Rush Limbaugh all the time. you guys hammer him for his “sources” ?? nope

@ lization

thanks for bringing up Jacoby Ford while I’m eating. just threw up a bit. that guy sucks on the REAL

trade him to Pittsburg. their KR just landed on I.R.

I want to promote Greg Jenkins from the practice squad

@JRJ

I think I saw our friend Raider O in a commercial for Jack Link’s beef jerky

#sasquatch

• aig-raiders

RRS,
    I actually read and stay up to date on the situations. I read most sites except the far left or right. MSNBC and Fox are def not on my list. The key thing is not REPEATING what they wrote/say but I yourself if it makes any sense. I wonder if you guys understand WTH you are talking about when you repeat the talking point that Putin somehow b slapped the POTUS. Do you realize that Putin loving freedom, laws and free speech is like Hannibal Lecter telling you how great he is at being a Vegan?

BTW, I like Aljezeera America. Why? It is out of reach of the Jewish influence.

• aig-raiders

*I..meant to say ask

• theghostronin79

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:25 am
    @ lization

trade him to Pittsburg. their KR just landed on I.R.

I want to promote Greg Jenkins from the practice squad

===============

I was encouraged by Jennings’ preseason showing….

• willy91137

this Jaguar game worries me we all figured Indianapolis could just walk all over us

but that was not the case so this game we think we can walk all over the Jaguars

I hope we can now next week when we play Denver in Denver I will not be so worried

I will have a pretty good idea of what the outcome will be and it probably won’t be pretty

what worries me the most is them being able to stop priors running attack

and make him have to throw the ball a lot at they stop the running game

they will make prior beat them with his arm and I don’t know if he’s ready for that

what do you think ???

• 0ak r8rs

Whoknows Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 9:10 am
    If this happens, I will be stalking out every IHOP in the Bay and personally drown RM with syrup.

@@@@@@@@@

Every washed up and/or cut QB will be rumored to be heading to the Raiders until we finally find that franchise guy.

• No Mas Diamante

The right pounded it’s chest and went to war over fictitious weapons of mass destruction. Even had Colin Powell lie to the UN and present false evidence. Those wmd’s were never found because they never existed. Thousands of young Americans died as a result along with over one hundred thousand innocent Iraqi’s.

Now that they have a situation where there actually are horrible weapons of mass destruction being used against civilians the right wing has suddenly embraced pacifism and are frightened to act.

The right wing = ultimate hypocrites.

• No Mas Diamante

Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!

• 0ak r8rs

Willy91137 Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:33 am

what worries me the most is them being able to stop priors running attack

and make him have to throw the ball a lot at they stop the running game

what do you think ???

@@@@@@@

I think it could be a trap game. I expect to come out slow and manage an ugly win at the end. But Jacksonville won’t be the ones to stop Pryor. Some teams will, but not the Jags. They aren’t cut out for it and they dont see it enough. Pryors legs will likely be the difference, winning us the game.

A win versus a crappy team does a lot for your confidence. Look at the Jets. They beat Tampa Bay in Week 1 so they roll into Week 2 versus the Patriots feeling good about themselves and their DT even guaranteed victory … result? they almost beat N.E. !!

4 turnovers (3 by Geno) screwed their chances. They shot themselves in the foot, like we did last week – both versus playoff teams

beat Jacksonville in Week 2 and anything is possible Week 3 versus Denver. A loss to the Jags and we’re gonna get blown out against the donkeys

• aig-raiders

yeah a win is absolutely critical this weekend. Glad the game is sold out. I’m looking forward to watching it from my mancave. You guys should invest into a projector if you have the chance. They are so cheap now and nothing like football on a 100 inches screen in HD.

• willy91137

right-wing left-wing don’t. Start talking politics this country and the politicians make me freaking sick
    United States Congress is a freaking joke and the Senate is in much better and

the Supreme Court is full of shat that’s all I have to say

• jesusraiderjim

Co-Sign

This is a must win!!

• willy91137

if you want to drive yourself crazy go get on one of them left or right side blogs

and argue with them idiots who this blog is for football raider football

we are one nation and were not divided we are all brothers with different mothers’s

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Butler & Criner have not even stepped on the field.

I’ll ask again….DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL?
    ______

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Streator 6′3″ 200
    Butler 6′3″ 213
    moore 6′0 190
    Criner 6′3″ 221

Doesn’t seem that small to me…

• willy91137

How would you feel if we went into Denver and was in the game until the very last

but still lost the like we did in Indianapolis

• No Mas Diamante

Butler played last week…

• No Mas Diamante

Think Criner must be in the dog house…

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Bush got congress approval for Iraq & Afghanistan. The mind of a libtard is a terrible thing to waste.

Hussein did not for Libya and did not put it to a vote for Syria because he didn’t want Putins sh!t on his face when it didn’t pass.

Stay stupid Aig!
    _________

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:19 am

but still lost the like we did in Indianapolis

***

if we had a lead in the 4th, but shat the bed at the end with a turnover?

i’d feel sick

• willy91137

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:28 am
    RRS,

BTW, I like Aljezeera America. Why? It is out of reach of the Jewish influence.
    =====================================
    Who in the hell cares who wants to talk about that depressing ship

the elections over

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Didn’t notice.
    _____

No Mas Diamante Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:48 am

Butler played last week…

• willy91137

0ak R8rs Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:36 am
    ===========================
    God I hope you’re right

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Smothered burritos @ taco bell are decent as Fk….feel like going back for another!

AIG, lization …

need your picks for Raiders best def player this week

• willy91137

________

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:19 am

====================
    you can explain anything to him that guy wood argue with the fencepost

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

*burp*

• aig-raiders

Ah there goes Klansman Brown and her informed opinions. Nice.

• willy91137

I’ll ask again….DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL?
    ______

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Streator 6′3″ 200
    Butler 6′3″ 213
    moore 6′0 190
    Criner 6′3″ 221

Doesn’t seem that small to me…
    =====================================
    I think the answer to your question is no he watches Rush Limbaugh and Fox news all day
    and drink Buckhorn beer

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

I’ve never uttered a racist word in here and yet you libtards like you keep repeating this BS. You have nothing else, just an empty head and unarmed with facts or wit.
    _______

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Ah there goes Klansman Brown and her informed opinions. Nice.

• aig-raiders

Sorry Willy I try to resist politics on here but sometimes I have to chime in.

RRS, DJ Hayden. They will go at him on 3rd downs and he may make or break our game this week.

• willy91137

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:50 am

but still lost the like we did in Indianapolis

***

if we had a lead in the 4th, but shat the bed at the end with a turnover?

i’d feel sick
    =====================================
    I would feel good if we stay that close to a Super Bowl contender

• jesusraiderjim

@Willy

there is not one DAMN thing wrong w/Buckhorn beer

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

You feel the need to chime in unarmed with facts, logic, common sense, or your own thoughts. You been watching Hussein destroy the economy and make a mockery out of the military and you stand behind him 100%.

A true libtard!
    ___________

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:02 am

Sorry Willy I try to resist politics on here but sometimes I have to chime in.

• inonewordraider

MistaBrown Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:01 am
    _____
    calling a black man purple lips=racist

• No Mas Diamante

MistaBrown Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:51 am
    Didn’t notice.
    _____

No Mas Diamante Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:48 am

Butler played last week…
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just a handful of plays Mista. Think he had one catch.

• aig-raiders

MistaBrown Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:01 am

MistaBrown Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:04 am
    … You been watching Hussein
    ———
    LMFAO. I hear you loud and clear on your context bro. You da man.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

1 catch for 8 yards.
    _____

No Mas Diamante Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:06 am

No Mas Diamante Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 10:48 am

Just a handful of plays Mista. Think he had one catch.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Using his middle name is racist?
    lmfao…..you dumb derelict, are you serious?
    ______

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:08 am

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:08 am

MistaBrown Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:04 am
    … You been watching Hussein
    ———
    LMFAO. I hear you loud and clear on your context bro. You da man.

• willy91137

Jesusraiderjim Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 11:03 am
    @Willy

there is not one DAMN thing wrong w/Buckhorn beer
    =====================================
    Back in the late 60s five of us had this racecar and when we went racing

we had very little money was spent on the racecar we would go to the liquor store

and buy three cases of Buckhorn have you ever drank Buckhorn

don’t drink too much of it are you won’t get off the toilet for more than 5 min.

• aig-raiders

On another note, not sure who I hate more…dbag Manziel or arrogant Bama.