Janikowski not pulling for A’s this season, or any other

By Steve Corkran
Thursday, September 12th, 2013 at 12:42 pm in Oakland Raiders.

ALAMEDA — A report in the Florida Times-Union on Thursday said Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski confided in Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee about rooting against the A’s.
Janikowski does so for selfish reasons, according to the story, for once the A’s season ends then the dirt infield gets covered with grass and makes it easier for kickers and other players to perform.
Janikowski has not had a chance to respond to the story yet. Locker-room access is in about an hour.
Scobee is practicing kicking off dirt this week in anticipation of having to do so Sunday, when the Jaguars play the Raiders at the Coliseum.
Janikowski and the Raiders also will be forced to deal with the grass-and-dirt surface for their game against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 29.
The Raiders game against the San Diego Chargers on Oct. 6 likely would be moved to San Diego if the A’s make the playoffs.

• R8ER MIKE

REALLIONAIREB – Mike Jenkins
    Raider Dawg – Chad Henne
    TheJudge37 – Chad Henne

*******************
    R8ER MIKE- Sio Moore

• 24

I’d be happy if the A’s go to the playoffs because it could move the Raiders game to San Diego sooner and that means I get to see them sooner.

I’m an SF Giants fan but I’m happy to see the A’s succeed.

0ak r8rs Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    Follow The B@Uceman Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:40 pm
    R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:38 pm
    Every Raider fan that isn’t from Oakland should be rooting against the A’s. I know I do every year! That dirt infield is an eyesore and an embarrassment!
    ***************

And this is why we have the attitude against most outsiders like you

I give a damn about the dirt…because of the A’s on verge of winning division it means 3 home games to end the year…never know what a season will bring and never know if those games mean something man

What’s good for the A’s is good for the Raiders and vice versa

@@@@@@@

Just because you’re a Raiders fan doesn’t mean you HAVE to like the A’s or care what happens to them. I’m a Mets fan and a Raiders fan. Geography has nothing to do w it.

That being said, I don’t mind the dirt. Because as much as our players might not like it, it still has to be a competitive advantage. Because its stupid an ridiculous to have dirt on your field, and we r the only team left in the league to have to deal w it.

You have a problem w me being a Raider fan and not giving a shlt about the A’s tho? Tough shlt. Get over it.
    *****************************

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ to the jcat…..You have Oak in your screen name meaning Oakland now shut up poodle….rooting against the A’s is going against the people in the stands at the games….you don’t have to be an A’s fan but to openly root against them when the base of Raider Nation is in Oakland shows what kind of a jcat you are

• R8erEduc8er

I always told folks to slow their roll in regards to Clowney. There were times last year when he should have dominated games and just didn’t. He still ended up with nice stats, but it should have been even better. Everyone got caught up with “the hit” in the Michigan game when he was unblocked and had a clear path to a 150 lb rb. At this point, I’d stay away from Clowney until further notice. And I was born and raised in SC so I should be the biggest Clowney homer.

• R8ER MIKE

Follow the B@uceman Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    B@uce !! whats happin brother ??
    havnt seen you around much this summer.
    ?? you still “redneckcognizing” sir ???
    lol … still makes me laugh !!
    **********************************

All day everyday bruh…waiting for ya to hit a game…get wild in D Lot…show us city guys how to drink!

*****************
    one of these days my brother…. or if you want to raod trip to a east coast game, you are alway welcome to stay at the compound sir !!

PlunkforHOF Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:51 pm
    Checking out flights from RNO to Oaktown. $128 round trip leaving Friday and return Sunday at 5:05pm.. Brien, do you think I could make it to the airport in time?
    *********************

Honestly you should get a later flight…..game starts 1:25 many times and give or take 3 hours for game to end….playing it way too close in my opinion

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

You finally got something right!! Never mind you are repeating what I’ve been saying for 4 years now. If you need to piggyback my post to get your average up I can’t stop you.

#off my nuts tr0ll tard
    _______

Seymour Bush Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Janikowsky should just shut up and make the kick.

R8ER MIKE Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    Follow the B@uceman Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:35 pm
    R8ER MIKE Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:33 pm
    B@uce !! whats happin brother ??
    havnt seen you around much this summer.
    ?? you still “redneckcognizing” sir ???
    lol … still makes me laugh !!
    **********************************

*****************
    ******************

Can dig it bruh

• nycraider

The Dirt I would think should be an advantage for us? Jano should be more comfortable than the other kicker IMO. Also his stride is much shorter so I would think it has a minimal inpact on him anyway. Love Jano but he sure picked a bad time to miss a normally easy FG last week.

@Educ & Twocents

what DEF player you got?

you too Goldie & Oak …

theghostronin79 Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 1:50 pm
    Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 12s
    Seabass says never told Scobee that. “I go to A’s games all the time & root for them,” Janikowski said. “I was pissed off when I heard that”

==========

Is he saving face now?
    ********************************

Yeah well we shall see….he pissed off many Raiders/A’s folks around these parts

Anyhow…been fun…yall stay cool

Just Win

CODE BLACK 2013= The New Day

any of you guys seen Seabass at A’s games ??

• R8ER MIKE

have a good night NATION !!

• theghostronin79

Hey……….

Last 3 games of the season…AT HOME…..Against division Rivals?

That could be a hell of a way to finish… Especially if we got some steam coming in. Imagine if we’re on the verge of being in the hunt.

How ALIVE would that Coliseum be ROCKIN?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 10:57 am
    This is even more exciting time, because pryor while he lacks the polish and veteran savvy of jc, is every bit the leader that jc is and light years better as dynamic play making force. he will gain the veteran know how with time
    ===============================================

‘lacks the polish and veteran savvy of jc’

Almost as good as it get’s.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Never.
    _____

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

any of you guys seen Seabass at A’s games ??

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Good Morning Raider Nation!!!

It’s a Beautiful Day to be a Raider Fan, isn’t it?

Afternoon?

Oh, Okay.

• LA to TheBay

Um… Rock may need to revise these claims of being TPs #1 fan….

1. LA to TheBay Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 9:58 am
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 9:52 am
    We gonna draft Pryor in half an hour???
    ***
    30 minutes?
    really?
    I hope we take him in RD3. He wont be there in RD5!
    —————
    Agreed.

——-

We both were beating that drum from the get-go, so let’s say we’re Co-Presidents of the Pryor Fan Club.

Seabass is all about the Rays & Marlins.

Hates the A’s & Giants!

• zopi

I have a solution to the Washington team’s nickname, it shouldn’t be too difficult to change and add some letters around.
    how about the Washington Rednicks or the Washington Skinheads?
    Hail to the Rednicks…
    I’m sure no one would be offended.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

B@uceman , good day, and good day!

• Kirk

I’m pulling for the Raiders to move to LA and build their own stadium.

***

@LA

haven’t seen you around much. still a Raiders fan?

• inonewordraider

couple bits of interesting info:

Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor is making third career start, second to begin this season and first in Oakland. … Sunday’s game marks Charles Woodson’s return to Oakland, his first NFL team. He needs one interception return for TD to tie Rod Woodson’s NFL record (12). He also ranks second among active players with 55 INTs, behind only Ed Reed (61). … Raiders are 10-2 when Darren McFadden rushes for at least 100 yards. … Raiders sacked Andrew Luck four times in Week 1. … Pryor rushed for Raiders quarterback record 112 yards last week.

RAIDERS OFFENSE — OVERALL (13), RUSH (2), PASS (22)

RAIDERS DEFENSE — OVERALL (7), RUSH (27), PASS (4)

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

RR, other than the one’s that were me, those weren’t me.

• Twocents

RaiderRockstar, I just have no clue. In the past, I have picked some obscure player just so I could gloat if I was right. Sort of like picking a 20-1 shot at the races.

• LA to TheBay

I expect some tampa two looks from JAX in order to take away the intermediate throwing and keep the Mike as a spy on Pryor.

He’ll have to elude with his feet (which, we know he will anyway) but also be able to beat JAX deep post and deep corner (between CB and S), which is where he needs the most improvement.

Despite JAX being a pretty bad team, they’ll be hungry for a win and will have tape on Pryor so this is no gimme and still a pretty good test for the young man.

• Kirk

zopi Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 2:03 pm
    how about the Washington Rednicks or the Washington Skinheads?
    Hail to the Rednicks…
    I’m sure no one would be offended.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The Washington Whiteskins.

Their mascot would be a white lobbyist in a suit carrying a briefcase full of money.

• R8erEduc8er

***************

And this is why we have the attitude against most outsiders like you

What’s good for the A’s is good for the Raiders and vice versa

@@@@@@@

*****************************

=============================

Lol I could give 2 schyts about the A’s. I’m a Raider fan. I only root against the A’s because of the dirt infield. You’re obviously from Oakland or nearby. If the Dolphins still had their dirt field, would you be rooting for the Marlins (when they shared a field)…being from Oakland? I doubt it. If that’s the case, you should hope we never get a new stadium. Not this guy!

Twocents … you want Jack Crawford or Christo Bilukidi ??

• PlunkforHOF

I’ll probably just rent a car again. I can crash at my sister’s in San Carlos. Probably cheaper too, and I’d have a place to stow any gear I bring with. Then drive out east and ride BART back in.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

PlunkforHOF Says:
    =======================================================

Ask Kell. Depends on the tail wind.

• 24

I couldn’t even find an image of Janikowski at a baseball game during a search.

• LA to TheBay

124.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

***

@LA

haven’t seen you around much. still a Raiders fan?

—-

Of course. Always will be. Belive me, I’ve tried to not watch during the darker days. Concluded I’d rather watch my team lose than not watch at all.

I’m just sick of the comments section on this blog is all.

Plus I’m in the field pretty much all Summer.

• R8erEduc8er

@Educ & Twocents

what DEF player you got?

you too Goldie & Oak …

=====================

Pat Sims.

His stat line may not show reflect his dominance, but it all starts with him in the middle.

@Purv & LA …

what DEF player you got for Raids this Sunday?

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 12:56 pm
    DA call timeout on 1st down with 1:15 left inside the 10 yard line with the Colts defense on their heels?

no. I don’t think so. That is beyond stupid. the clock was running and we didn’t want to leave Indy any time left

A more experienced Pryor will see that they are lined up to blitz and audible to a run play.

=================

eaxactly my point moron

we dont have ‘a more experienced pryor” we had pryor in his second career start sucking wind.

we had a very young green, team unfamiliar with having a chance to win in the end like that. did you not see them running around wildly trying to figure out where to line up?

we had an offensive line that only practiced together for 4 days including one guy fresh off the street.

that is why you call a time out. Special circumstance and you need to make certain every one is on the same page.

besides the play clock was running down , so after they lined up pryor did not have time to adjust protection or play call.

if your a 5 year seasoned vet, no problem. If your a qb in his second nfl game, help him out.

I think it is far more important to concern your self with scoring the td, as opposed to worrying about leaving luck with 60 seconds.

• No Mas Diamante

Translate No mas diamanté. I hate the infield. It’s an embarrassment.

I’m just sick of the comments section on this blog is all.

***

@LA

dont let Dr Bob & Mistic scare you away

come and rock with us at the AM crew, like you used to!

• LA to TheBay

134.24 Says:
    September 12th, 2013 at 2:08 pm
    I couldn’t even find an image of Janikowski at a baseball game during a search.

Non-story.

Maybe to die hard As guys but in the end… who cares what Jano thinks of the As. Just kick that oblong thing through those yellow things on Sunday and we’re good.

• Twocents

Okay, I’ll take Ross @ 100-1.

• LA to TheBay

You’ll see more of me, Rock.

I’m a desk jockey again for next few months.

Put me down for Pat Simms.

Not sure he will make stat sheet type plays but I’m looking for him to push the pocket and help big time in the run game.

• 24

Kirk – I’m not against LA. From what it sounds like though, Mark doesn’t want to extend the lease after this season so if a stadium isn’t going to get built here, LA must be the option.

• r8rwill

NeSquad douche are you still making dumb azz predictions..???we know you ,,, you will change your blog name “dirk diggler”??? More kike dirt wiggler…you know what worms and slobs have in common???

• Gdog

Watch Nix block a GHOST and ignore Mathis (and earn a near NFL worst -7.1 PFF rating.)

netbinders.net/upload/missed_block_1.jpg
    netbinders.net/upload/missed_block_2.jpg
    netbinders.net/upload/missed_block_3.jpg

WE SHOULDA JUST DRAFTED WARMACK!!

• inonewordraider

Pat Sims.

_______
    he looks like our best defensive player with Houston a close second, and a damn good one at that

***

@Mistic

great players don’t make excuses. That’s why Pryor didn’t. He owned up and said he said have thrown it away. As I mentioned, he also could have called an audible. Can’t take a sack there and calling a TO would have been just plain dumb. U don’t get it. U don’t know football. Just any black flavor of the week.

I root for Pryor only. He’s my QB on my fav team. Go root for the Panthers if you’re gonna hug Newton’s sack – alright? that guy sucks. He’s gonna get his HC fired for losing games

• No Mas Diamante

Mistic and dr boob cancel each other out.

• marios

Hey guys, long time since i posted anything on here but I got a question for all of you. Since when did Raider football changed from Pressure Football to Percentage Football?? We were always a team of just win baby. That motto is there for a reason. We never had big numbers guys apart from a season or two like Allen’s 1985 and Hayes 1983. Stop judging the way we play it was always about the result.