ESPN: Branch may have broken fibula

Safety Tyvon Branch may have suffered a fractured fibula, according to an ESPN report Monday.

Branch left was helped off the field in the first quarter of Sunday’s 19-9 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars, with coach Dennis Allen saying after the game it was thought to be a “significant’’ injury.

The last time Allen used “significant’’ in assessing an injury, left tackle Jared Veldheer needed surgery to repair a torn triceps.

According to a tweet from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, “Oakland S Tyvon Branch suffered what Raiders say is “significant’’ injury thought to be a fractured fibula that will sideline him indefinitely.

Brandian Ross filled in for Branch against Jacksonville, with Usama Young also able to play both safety spots for the Raiders. Ross had a sack against the Jaguars and Young 1.5 sacks.

Allen is scheduled to meet with the local media at 1 p.m.

When ESPN reported that tackle Menelik Watson had underwent arthroscopic knee surgery last week, Allen declined to confirm, citing team policy.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Comparing TP to Tebow is crazy.”

No its not, its on par as they are both one dimensional. If you cant see that I cant help you or have an intelligent conversation with you about it.

what’s up silver?

Palmer got the win!

Wake me up, when September Ends!!!

***

why Hwnrdr?

is it hot in Cali?

• Plunketthead

TP did a good job of game management. He was asked to do it and followed through with no ints or fumbles. How many games did CP win or lose with no turnovers? Say what you want about his passing skills, but he does enough right to win a lot of games.

He may never be elite but he is good enough to take us to the playoffs (maybe not this year). He needs a big WR that goes up for the ball and fights for it and a big TE.

I like our chances with the man who wants more then anyone else to prove Al right again. The defense is strong with back ups and scrubs and the running game will have some punch.

Looking good

whats up Plunk?

who was the Week 2 winner on your list?

• Macho Man Randy Savage

could somebody please tell Hayden to turn around once in a while? no chance at making plays with the back to the football all the time.

• Al_is_theraiders

DAs an idiot all you need to know is that he saw flynn suck it up all offseason and preaseason before he realized that T2 gave us a better chance at winning…#wasted time.

• Just Fire Baby

I think the Tebow and Pryor examples are perfect.

Both guys who were uber successful in college, and not given the easiest path to success in the NFL with lots of doubters.

Both entered the league better runners than throwers.

Both struggle with accuracy and mechanics.

Both are teammate and fan favorites.

Both are hard-working, major quality people.

QB ratings, W-L record, most passing stats are very similar so far through their first 3 starts each.

• bank-bank

• hwnrdr

403.RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:22 pm
    Wake me up, when September Ends!!!

***

why Hwnrdr?

is it hot in Cali?

LOL, like JFB said…its a Billy Joe reference (Green Day)
    September 29…last day for (reg season) baseball!

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“what’s up silver?”

Pretty excited about our Defense and Special teams showing vast improvement.

How about that patchwork O-Line RR!!

***

Maybe Butler & Rivera make a name for themselves around the league with a big showing on MNF?

• LA to TheBay

Bench the only guy who’s has a Receiving TD this year?

—-

Its a problem.

He’s our most talented receiver, so we couldn’t really just cut him with only Streater and a bunch of other unknowns on the roster.

But talent aside, he’s setting a bad example. If TP can beat out Flynn based on performance, then Moore needs to ride the pine for his (or lack there of).

• LA to TheBay

I guess it’s not a lack of performance but poor performance? Whatever… yous guys get the idea.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Silverandblack666 if we do draft a QB in 2014 it will be a 7th round backup to T.Pryor.HaHa.”

So you find it amusing that we would waste a draft pick?

Not sure why your laughing at your own joke but what ever turns your crank.

• Dakota

Seems like his heart is set on playing QB…..it will be unfortunate to see him taken off the team because he will refuse to play another position. His running abilities should keep him on the field in some capacity, but he will refuse and we will have to move on. He is a better passer than Teblow, but will suffer the same fate. I hope we can find a team who will give us something for him when that time comes.

Meanwhile, at least I can sit back and watch you guys rip each other up over the situation lol. Got to find the silver lining in any situation.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Nice post #408

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Bank-Bank Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:15 pm
    Hey Zymurge it doesn’t matter what you say about T.Pryor because he’s our QB and there’s nothing you can do about it.Go to another team or get over it because it ain’t going to change anytime soon.

===

Oh noooooooo! What I say on this blog doesn’t matter? You mean Reggie isn’t scanning this blog looking for my input on how to improve the Raiders.

Oh man, my bubble has just been burst. Maybe I’ll just foget my last 40+ years of bleeding Silver and Black and go scan the blogosphere for other teams where their GMs actually listen to the wealth of intelligence that comes from the internet based fans.

Or maybe I’ll continue to exercise my freedom of speech to write down my opinions about the team that I chose to spend valuable time following. Then others can chose whether or not to read and respond to those.

On that note, thank you for the time and attention to thoroughly review and digest my writings and to formulate your own truly salient, highly analytic and eloquently stated opinion. The world is a better place for all of us now.

Pretty excited about our Defense and Special teams showing vast improvement.

How about that patchwork O-Line RR!!

***

yeah buddy!

I guess all Sparano needed was a little glue and cardboard. maybe some string and toilet paper. a stapler, magnet, chewing gum, etc

wish we could play Jags every week.. cure what ails ya :P

• SnBG

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:26 pm
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    At this point Pryor isn’t good enough to lead us to the playoffs. What Pryor needs is to throw the ball better.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“Pryor will never win us a playoff game let alone the SB. I have already moved on from him. Right now he is just the best QB out of a bunch of crap QBs.”

Dakota and I were the first 2 here to say that the QB of the future is not currently on our roster.

Apparently not much has changed!

• the famous dr robert

next week, we will see pryor vs. peyton.

this will be a nightmare to watch.

@SnBG

Ouch! I think Pryor will be fine, but we’ll find out more this Monday night versus legit competition

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

====

CP won all the games last year when the defense held the opponent under 17. That’s all you need to know.

• Just Fire Baby

Tebow’s first 3 starts:

40 of 81 (49.5%) for 651 yards, 4 TD 3 INT, 31 rushes for 199 yards, 3 TD’s, 1-2 record

Pryor’s first 3 starts:

47 of 81 (58%) for 493 yards, 3 TD 3 INT, 31 rushesfor 211 yard, 1 TD, 1-2 record.

nite gents. rock on Raiders

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

Zymurge

Enjoyed the hockey youtube last week!

Way to give back to the community by coaching kids. Some folks talk a good game but fail to sack up in reality!

• Just Fire Baby

That’s pretty freaking odd.

So TP is the more accurate passer in his first three starts, while Tebow averaged a whopping 16 yards a completion, Pryor is at 10.

Both ran about the same, a few more yards for Pryor, a few more TD’s for Tebow.

They have been EXACTLY the same through 3 NFL starts.

• SnBG

It will be a bloodbath next week against the Broncos. Pryor will not be able to keep up with Payton. Our O isn’t ready to compete with the bigboys yet.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Silverandblack666 Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Apparently not much has changed!

===

I think McGloin has an outside chance to be something special. He has that Favre like gunslinger mentality along with the head and composure of a Matt Ryan type. His size is the biggest obstacle, but guys like Brees and Wilson are proving that it’s not the worst handicap a QB can have.

It could be much worse. Imagine if he was a crappy passer …

• The_Judge37

406.Macho Man Randy Savage Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:25 pm
    ——-

DVD had the same problem, maybe we can trade him for a conditional 6th round pick?

• RAIDERMAN99

I still think we’re pretty darn far away from having a very talented group on defense, but it sure does look like the tackling is vastly improved over past years.

• Raider Riff

I love all the idiots that want to take the ball out of TPs hands and make him a WR.

He’s one of the premiere athletes in the league. The more he has the ball the better.

• Just Fire Baby

Is it me or does Hayden seem kind of small out there?

His listed measurable are fine, but he seems small.

Maybe because Jenkins and C-Wood are huge for their positions so it just looks that way.

• DutchRaider77

428.Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

That’s pretty freaking odd.

Both ran about the same, a few more yards for Pryor, a few more TD’s for Tebow.

They have been EXACTLY the same through 3 NFL starts.

_____________________________________________________

Uh, didn’t Tebow have better receivers?

I could be wrong, but my recollection is his receivers making diving amazing catches on what should have been pedestrian throws and catches.

• http://WhyWontGodHealAmputees.com Sir RaiderDuck, OMS

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Is it me or does Hayden seem kind of small out there?

======================================

I’m sure rehabbing from major surgery affected his build. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him hit the weights HARD this offseason.

• Just Fire Baby

Uh, didn’t Tebow have better receivers?

**********************************

I’m sure he did.

Just saying, the ONLY player you can compare Pryor to right now is Tebow.

You can say he is a better version. Fine, I’m good with it.

But Terrelle Pryor plays the position of QB like Tim Tebow.

Short passes, lots of runs, limited arsenal of throws down the field, great leader, fan favorite.

Same player

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

Silverandblack666 Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:31 pm
    Zymurge

Enjoyed the hockey youtube last week!

====

Dude, that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me here. I mean that sincerely.

I can’t tell you how much I love coaching. I started doing it for my own kids, first in soccer (where I have no skill or knowledge but they were 6 year olds nad needed coaches badly) then hockey and a little flag football. The most eye opening part is that I get way more out of watching the kids other than my own blossom and knowing that I had a small part in that. It’s like they become an extended family. I’ve had the other parent-coaches all tell me that they feel the same.

For anyone that has any interest at all in coaching, I couldn’t recommend more strongly to give it a try. You might just surprise the hell out of yourself and along the way make a small difference in some kids’ lives.

• the famous dr robert

anyone who thinks pryor is doing well is obviously lying.

• Plunketthead

PlunkHOF said nobody won

• the famous dr robert

put the ball in pryor’s hands and let him run.

that’s what a wr is for.

as a passer, he’s awful.

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

#425

That’s about as close as you can get isn’t it!

• bank-bank

Dakota Pryor probably won’t win a playoff game for us right now we all know that but he’s getting alot of experience and thats what matter.You say lets move on but you don’t say that if T.Pryor was from Notre Dame and you know it.You love Claussen and Quinn those SCRUBS.SMH.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

DutchRaider77 Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:38 pm
    428.Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:33 pm

That’s pretty freaking odd.

Both ran about the same, a few more yards for Pryor, a few more TD’s for Tebow.

They have been EXACTLY the same through 3 NFL starts.

_____________________________________________________

Uh, didn’t Tebow have better receivers?

===

Tebow had God on his side.If they started collecting a stat called Miracles I think Tebow set the all time NFL record in a short career.

Pryor only has the Brigade. Big difference there in terms of support!

• SaintKaufman

fellas, what’s shakin?

• http://www.christianitydisproved.com/ Silverandblack666

“How creepy is it that I just found out that Tebow and Pryor had THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF PASSING ATTEMPTS AND RUSHING ATTEMPTS in their first 3 starts.

That’s pretty freaking odd.

Both ran about the same, a few more yards for Pryor, a few more TD’s for Tebow.

They have been EXACTLY the same through 3 NFL starts.”

I have been saying this and even had a couple of folks in here tell me I was wrong but here comes JFB to prove me right LOL.

• Macho Man Randy Savage

Hey, DMac looked good, unfortunately not as good as Reece and the backup.

• DutchRaider77

____________________________________________________

Not sure about that, if Tebow was a biblical figure…it would be Job. He is being tested.

• the famous dr robert

Zymurge Says:
    September 16th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Pryor only has the Brigade. Big difference there in terms of support!
    ***********

LOL

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ Zymurge

So based on the numbers, through 3 games Pryor is the dink and dunk version of Tebow.

It’s like Randall Cunningham and Matt Flynn had a love child.