Preparation for Broncos underway

ALAMEDA — The Raiders kicked off the on-field portion of their preparation for the Denver Broncos on Wednesday with a relatively healthy team.
The glaring exceptions are rookie offensive tackle Menelik Watson, guard Lucas Nix and strong safety Tyvon Branch. None of the three is at practice today, as expected.
Watson recently underwent surgery to repair damage to his knee. Branch reportedly broke a bone in his lower leg Sunday and is going to be out for an extended period of time. Nix suffered an ankle injury Sunday.
Nix at least was on the practice field, which bodes well for a speedy recovery. In the short term, you’re likely to see veteran Andre Gurode at left guard in the starting lineup.
The rest of the line is going to remain the same for now, too, with Khalif Barnes at left tackle, Stefen Wisniewski at center, Mike Brisiel at right guard and Tony Pashos at right tackle.
The Raiders aren’t alone in their need to mix and match players on their offensive line. The Broncos lost left tackle Ryan Clady for the season with a Lisfranc injury — hello, Darren McFadden and Jacoby Ford — and were forced to sign free agent veteran Winston Justice today.
Usama Young and Brandian Ross are being counted upon to fill the void created by the injury to Branch. So far, so good. Both played well against the Jaguars.
Of course, there’s nothing quite like the challenge of facing Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, which is what awaits Young, Ross and the Raiders defense Monday night.
Beyond that, the Raiders seem ready and eager to embrace the big stage against the Broncos.

Steve Corkran

• The Famous Dr Robert

cards need a wr?

trade them the best one we have, pryor

trade them DMc while were at it

pryor and DMc for pATrick Petersen

• DMAC

Shek quatro

• DMAC

I got 5 on it!

• DMAC

6 sexy hoes

Always thought Tavares Gooden was a good playah *Al Davis voice*.

He’d add toughness to the defense.

***

yeah, a guy that was good enough for the Ravens & 49ers defenses the past 5 years – you’d think he’d be good enough to at least crack our 53

by the way Bcz, not practice squad eligible

• bcz24

can’t blame Moore, Pryor throws balls at his feet.
    **************
    That’s because 75% of the time Moore runs the wrong gawdamn route, and Pryor, throws low, so when DMo isn’t where hes supposed to be the ball hits the ground, not the arms of a waiting defender.

• LA to TheBay

Moore was good with JC and Palmer in 2011
    —-

And 2012??

Palmer throws for 4k and Myers is the leading receiver?

Moore got to the endzonde but obviously does not put in the work in the film room or practice field.

Guy has no heart.

• The Famous Dr Robert

how is Flynns elbow?

i hope hes getting reps and DA surprises Denver with our real starting qb

it would be the coaching move of the year

it would guarantee a win

i kept trying to ask cork in the chat about flynns elbow but he never posted my question. the elbow has to be heealed up soon

DMAC Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:28 pm
    “Put some hot sauce on my burrito, baby!”

***

@DMAC

now we know where you ran into LB Blackstock. Taco Bell

makes sense

• DMAC

12 pack of negra modelos

• LA to TheBay

Preparation for Broncos underway
    By Steve Corkran
    Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 at 12:29 pm in Oakland Raiders.

blah

blah

blah

Preciate the info, Steve, but the last sentence is all I really wanted to hear.

95 Kaelin Burnett OLB
    94 Kevin Burnett OLB

***

give me Howard & Morrison please!

• DMAC

I want to see what Holmes brings to the table, once his suspension is up.
    We are sorely lacking that big receiver.

• The Famous Dr Robert

i hope pryor loses this game for us in horrible fashion

i expect a blow out

that way the charade can end as soon as poosbible

DMc will be hurt any day now

then it is up to Flynn/Reece to do what Pryor/DMc cant. win games

im rooting for denver on monday night.

but i am not a denver fan.

i just want what is best for the raiders.

if the raiders lose monday night badly then the kordell stewart experiment will be over and we can save the season.

• DMAC

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

95 Kaelin Burnett OLB
    94 Kevin Burnett OLB

***

give me Howard & Morrison please!
    ===========

TH is cool
    FK cpt Kirk!!

• R8erEduc8er

==============

Predicion – Pryor shines! He likes the bright lights. I see a roller coaster season from Pryor…up down up down round and round

@Cork

Seabass didn’t practice today either – just FYI

FK cpt Kirk

***

oh no you didn’t !!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

We should draft Mike Evans from Texas A&M. He can catch, great size (6’5 220), runs good routes, but his speed is a concern 4.5+.

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

We should draft Mike Evans from Texas A&M. He can catch, great size (6′5 220), runs good routes, but his speed is a concern 4.5+.
    ======

I would love Mike on this team
    What up O Dog?!

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

DMAC Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

95 Kaelin Burnett OLB
    94 Kevin Burnett OLB

***

give me Howard & Morrison please!
    ===========

September 18th, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

95 Kaelin Burnett OLB
    94 Kevin Burnett OLB

***

give me Howard & Morrison please!
    ===========

TH is cool
    FK cpt Kirk!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Good morning Mr. Prez.
    The Aztecs have a message for you: FK you too! lol
    ======

I’m a Cali Bear
    I eat Aztecs for breakfast son!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning Mr. Prez.
    The Aztecs have a message for you

***

HA!

• The Famous Dr Robert

Hi Danny boy!

keep up the good work!

my imposter wants my spotlight

while i may be rooting for DMc to get hurt and for Pryor to fail miserably, i am not rooting for denver in the normal sense of the definition

my imposter is just trying to make me look like a denver fan

just because im rooting for them monday doesnt make me a fan

i rooted for the giants vs denver, does that make me a giants fan? no

hugs and kisses to my biggest fan!

• R8erEduc8er

Raider O Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

======

I would love Mike on this team
    What up O Dog?!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Trying to earn my keep, and trying to find us talent. Blog scouts rule!
    I like this kid a lot, but we need a speedster on the team if we draft him.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

I’m a Cali Bear
    I eat Aztecs for breakfast son!!!!!!!!!!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No bear noises this time? lol
    That was funny.
    Long love the Prez and ODB?
    Where is ODB?

Week 4 last year:

Carson Palmer 19/34 202 yards
    Peyton Manning 30/38 338 yards & 3 TD’s

Darren McFadden 13 carries for 34 yards
    Willis McGahee 19 carries for 112 yards , TD

Raiders defense had zero sacks or INT’s on Manning. forced a turnover by stripping “Baby Calvin” Thomas

Donkeys defense had 3 sacks and produced no turnovers

Denver did not punt the entire game

Final Score: Denver 37 Oakland 6 (game was @ DEN)

Week 14 last year:

Carson Palmer 19/30 273 yards & 2 TD’s
    Peyton Manning 26/36 310 yards & 1 TD

Darren McFadden 11 carries for 52 yards
    Knowshon Moreno 32 carries for 119 yards , TD

Raiders defense had 3 sacks and 1 INT on Manning.

Donkeys defense had 1 sacks and produced 2 turnovers (Palmer INT, Palmer lost fumble)

Denver punted twice and kicked 4 FG’s

Final Score: Denver 26 Oakland 13 (game was @ OAK)

***

Palmer sucks – Fix the Run Defense!

• DMAC

Now………..

If only the Cal Bears knew how to play Defense
    smh

in the Week 14 loss to Dungver, the player that strip-sacked Palmer was Von Miller. the player that intercepted him was Champ Bailey

neither will play this week

in the Week 4 loss, the player with 1.5 sacks (including a Palmer fumble that Willie Smith recovered) was Elvis Dumervil. Chump Bailey led them in tackles with 5 (again – neither will play this week)

Pretty crazy to think that Peyton Manning only scored 63 points against our pathetic defense last year and he scored 90 points already in the first 2 weeks of this season..

new post (again)

• DMAC

Raider O Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I’m a Cali Bear
    I eat Aztecs for breakfast son!!!!!!!!!!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No bear noises this time? lol
    That was funny.
    Long love the Prez and ODB?
    Where is ODB?
    =========
    Last I heard…
    ODB is on a vacation w/ Betty in Vegas.
    He never returned. I’m starting to worry.
    lol

• JonGrand

This should be a more competitive game then last year’s in Denver. I think the Raiders will be up for this game the way they were in Indianapolis. Our rushing attack is back, which means longer drives and less time for the Broncos offense. Our defense is light-years better than last year too, large in part to having the personnel. Also DA was a part of the defensive plan that help beat Manning’s Colts in the Super Bowl. My biggest concern for Pryor is the Mile High air. If he was “winded” in Indy, it will be worse in Denver. At the end of the day, the NFL is about entertainment, and I have been entertained these past two games. If it wasn’t for the bad play-calling on 1st in Goal on the 8, we’d be 2-0. Denver should still win, but I expect to be entertained with a competitive game.

• 0ak r8rs

I setup a twitter account not too long ago. Nothing to fear. I have 0 followers. I set it up so I could get Raider tweets. Then, I used it to sign in toa Chargers blog by accident (already on the Dusqus system) a few weeks ago. It was actually pretty fun. I was trolling big time. Anyway, it’s mobile phone friendly, fairly easy to post, and can be done from anywhere.

I prefer this system. But it’s not the end of the world. The email me back feature when something you posted is commented on is real convenient. You can just replay to the email. You don’t even have to log onto the board.

The bad part is, it does kill some of the interactivity. It’s not as easy to navigate or keep track of stuff. I wish they would leave it alone. But whatever. It’s not the end of the world.