To blitz or not to blitz Manning; that’s the burning question

ALAMEDA — A slew of questions and comments in the Tuesday live chat centered on the best way to succeed against Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.
Naturally, based on the success the Raiders had their first two games, many called for the Raiders to blitz the heck out of Manning on Monday night.
Time and again, I countered with, Manning is one of the few quarterbacks you don’t want to blitz, for he welcomes the blitz and picks it apart.
The Raiders are bolstered with first-hand knowledge. Last season, the Raiders threw a season-high 25 blitzes against Manning and the Broncos in the teams’ second meeting.
Here’s the results: Manning completed 15 of 18 passes for 177 yards against the blitz that game.
“It’s hard to fool that guy,” Allen said. “He’s seen a lot. He does a great job in preparation. It’ll be hard to fool him. It’s going to come down to execution. We’re going to have to execute our jobs and the team that executes the best will win the football game.”
Raiders cornerback Tracy Porter was with the Broncos last season. He practiced against Manning on a regular basis.
He offered this little tidbit on just how competitive Manning is, even in practice.
“He’s just as much a competitor in practice as he is on game day,” Porter said. “In fact, he’s much more of a competitor in practice because in practice you get to start things over. The defense has a real good practice, he’s going to want to start the period over and come back and try to compete again.”

– Denarius Moore was targeted twice in the Jaguars game, but he emerged from the game without a reception.
In fact, he had more penalties and dropped passes than he did receptions. Suffice, that’s not what you expect from one of your starting receivers.
Don’t fret, though, Allen and quarterback Terrelle Pryor said. Moore’s going to make his share of plays over the course of the season.
“The big thing is, he can’t get too down on himself,” Allen said. “He’s got to continue to work and fight himself out of it. His opportunities are going to come. When they do, he’s got to take advantage of them.”
Moore admits that he tends to let negative thoughts linger, when he needs to heed coaches’ advice to have a short memory.
“That’s what I’m still learning, that the coaches are always going to have faith in me, the quarterback is always going to have faith in me,” Allen said, “that I need to forget it about when I drop passes and come back into the huddle with a positive attitude.”
Moore dropped two catchable passes in the Raiders first two games. Yet, Pryor takes the blame for both plays.
“They were both two bad balls,” Pryor said. “It had nothing to do with Denarius, and we’re definitely going to be looking for him more. I have to get the ball in an accurate spot and he’ll catch it if it’s accurate, but if it’s not accurate, like it [wasn’t] last game, it’s hard to catch.”

– If Moore’s struggles linger, Allen has the option of using second-year player Juron Criner and rookie Brice Butler more.
If that’s the case, Criner said he is ready to roll. He wasn’t active for either of Oakland’s first two games, even though he is healthy.
Coincidentally, Butler has been active for both games.
“I’m very eager,” Criner said. “Things change, but I’m always going to be ready for whenever I’m supposed to be ready.”
Criner said he has no explanation for why he hasn’t been active for either of the first two games.
“I’m not really sure,” Criner said. “I just do my part as a player and let them do their part as coaches.”

– The Raiders on Tuesday worked out four linebackers. Make of it what you will.
They worked out: Tavares Gooden, Justin Cole, Mike Rivera and Julian Stanford, though none was signed.

Steve Corkran

• RaiderFanMikeP

Whoknows Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:21 pm
    RaiderFanMikeP Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:19 pm
    its 14-28 Broncos going into halftime with Pryor dinged up with a twisted ankle (cheating donks!) Flynn comes out and leads the Raiders to a 42-35 victory. Excellent game management, long drives for TD allowing the Defense to rest up and start getting to Manning. what do we do next week?
    *****************
    We kick you in the nuts

===================
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I know his noodle arm would dink and dunk us out of the game.

• the famous dr robert

Lol. Interesting Danny.

Ur already trying to convince everyone that cross posting won’t be available.

But of course, it will. And u love for it.

But u won’t be able to “cross dress” with my handle anymore.

U must be twisted up in knots.

Dont hate me cuz I’m beautiful.

I told u already. Just try being my friend I dee a new handle.

If u can’t beat me, join me.

• RaidO

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:20 pm
    RaidO Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:17 pm
    Hey Doc Slob changes to the blog are coming. How about you do something besides complain and talk crap about Pryor ALL THE TIME uh?
    *********
    I’ve already posted about our OL soon being veldheer/Watson/wiz/Barnes/pathos, and how dominant that could be.

I’ve already suggested a britt/Moore trade.

But all u do is talk about me Danny.
    ———————–

Who the hell is Danny?

• ohioraider

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

THE COLTS GETTING RICHARDSON FROM THE BROWNS IS HUGE..THANKS MR.CORKRAN.
    ——————————-
    Browns fans are in a state of shock. Interpreting this move as all but giving up on the season.

Meanwhile, Brian Hoyer (who?) has beat out Jason Campbell for Sunday’s start.

• Whoknows

RaiderFanMikeP Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    Whoknows Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:21 pm
    RaiderFanMikeP Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:19 pm
    *****************
    We kick you in the nuts

===================
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I know his noodle arm would dink and dunk us out of the game.
    **********************************
    Now you’ve come to your senses.

• ohioraider

Time for another game time benediction. Goldie??

• RaidO

Ohioraider Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:25 pm
    DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:23 pm

THE COLTS GETTING RICHARDSON FROM THE BROWNS IS HUGE..THANKS MR.CORKRAN.
    ——————————-

Meanwhile, Brian Hoyer (who?) has beat out Jason Campbell for Sunday’s start.
    ————————

Yeah not a good move for the Browns.

• the famous dr robert

I get a kick outta the Pryor Brigade.

They just get so mad at even seeing my name.

They can’t stop talking about me. Spittle flying from their mouths.

Comical.

• the famous dr robert

The Browns are trying to out-suck the Jags.

Let’s see. Jags and Browns.

There’s a beeech joke in there somewhere.

• RaidO

Coincidentally, Butler has been active for both games.

Yup the need to play Criner and Butler. D. Moore is not getting done..

• the famous dr robert

I wonder if this blog is responsible for some failed marriages.

The Pryor Brigade fuming so, snapping at their wife when she interrupts.

Poor girls. (The Pryor Brigade I mean)

• Whoknows

I texted my buddy, a Browns fan, and told him about the trade.
    This was his reply:
    I FUKING KNOW!!!
    WHAT THE FUK WERE THEY THINKING!!!!
    I’ve had it with those fuking azzholes…

Poor guy.

• the famous dr robert

Kenny Britt for d.moore.

I smell it.

• GhostTooThePost

Just realized something pretty damn funny.

Notice how after the resident racist coward says something really stupid, and gets called on it, how he rushes to state “oh, that’s not me. must be my imposter”?

Now the little girls words are his, and his alone.

Keeps getting better and better

• RaiderRich510

Cant wait to get rid of all theses idiots talkin bout race…..this is California not Texas gtfoh w that sheet!

• 0ak r8rs

GhostTooThePost Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:20 pm
    RaidO Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

So Dr Rob destroyed this blog.

This blog is done
    —————-
    MR/Slob actually saved it.

He no longer will be able to click on his name, and change handles, and immediately change back, on and on, having those all night convo’s with his own sorryass.

The pathetic bich’s days of living on here, posting to himself, propping himself, easily, are done.
    Oh, he’ll still sign in with other handles to do just that.
    Will just take the puzzy a little longer.

Tell me again, Slob, how I don’t bother you, except you ADMITTED YOU DROVE UP TO THE CITY, WAITED HOURS IN TRAFFIC, WALKED MILES FROM PARKING, just to see how big I was, not once DARING TO POST TO ANYONE YOU WERE THERE, OR WHAT YOU WERE WEARING??

lol. you puzzy

Now beg me, bich

@@@@@@@@@”

This guy still doesn’t like you, Doc. Definitely your biggest fan. Makes Mistic look like your cousin.

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

moore is fine

the thing with moore is what i said last year when people insisted he was a so called number 1 over dhb, moore is not a leader.

moore needs to be driven and follow a great leader to gain confidence.

that is why he thrived with jc, jc took the pressure off moore, and pryor is doing the same thing

pryor falling on the sword and continuing to show confidence in moore will help him , some guys are just that way.

i would also dial up a few bubble screens or a jet sweep to get moore in the mix early.

once he gets rolling he is very good

good follower, not a self starter or force on his own

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

KoolKell Says:
    … Troll – Angler or Underbridge Dweller?
    ==================================================

Never considered you a troll, Kooky.
    Just a dumbass pootbutt.
    But ‘Underbridge Dweller’ has caused me to reconsider.

• eastoaklandraider

Trent to the colts? Fishy, sumone wasn’t getn along.

• 0ak r8rs

Whoknows Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:33 pm
    I texted my buddy, a Browns fan, and told him about the trade.
    This was his reply:
    I FUKING KNOW!!!
    WHAT THE FUK WERE THEY THINKING!!!!
    I’ve had it with those fuking azzholes…

Poor guy.

@@@@@@@@@

Welcome to regime change, sound familiar? Fortunately, we had nothing but bad picks and check cashers to purge. They r purging high draft picks just because they don’t “fit into their plans”. Sucks to be a Browns fan right now. Nice, as a Raider fan, to be able to say that about SOMEBODY. Haha.

• ElkGRaider

Ha. Comments are changing. Break out all the puppets soon MR!

• the famous dr robert

0ak R8rs Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:37 pm
    GhostTooThePost Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:20 pm
    RaidO Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:00 pm

So Dr Rob destroyed this blog.

This blog is done
    —————-
    MR/Slob actually saved it.

Oh, he’ll still sign in with other handles to do just that.
    Will just take the puzzy a little longer.

lol. you puzzy

Now beg me, bich

@@@@@@@@@”

********
    Lol.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:38 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    … Troll – Angler or Underbridge Dweller?
    ==================================================

Never considered you a troll, Kooky.
    Just a dumbass pootbutt.
    But ‘Underbridge Dweller’ has caused me to reconsider.
    ——————————–
    Could care less what a gossipy-azzed cross-posting thing like you think about anything. Can’t wait to get rid of things like you. ;-)

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

R.I.P Ken norton sr

heavy weight champ in the golden era of boxing

• the famous dr robert

Hey oak–are u ready to be called me?

A sock puppet accusation coming up.

• Chris in NY

Not sure what they have in mind for the comment format change, but I hope they know what they’re doing.

I’ve seen other sites move to non-anonymous commenting forums and the threads almost always dry up. Hopefully this site will be the exception to that rule.

• DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL

AGREE MISTIC POST-174..

• 0ak r8rs

The Famous Dr Robert Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:43 pm
    Hey oak–are u ready to be called me?

A sock puppet accusation coming up.

@@@@@@@

Won’t be the first time. Either that or Ghost (or as I like to call him, “guy who can’t spell his own name”) will call me stupid and somehow deduce that I’m “getting played”. Whatever the hell that means.

• 0ak r8rs

DIRT-LOT FOOTBALL Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:44 pm
    AGREE MISTIC POST-174..

@@@@@@@@

You read that? What did it say?

• MiamiRaider78

Yes, blog change!

Go Raiders!

• mantus

I like the new blog rules. Maybe we’ll get some more true Raider fans in here. I’ve followed this blog for years, to get a feel for other true Raider fans insight. All of the sudden, when our team is, hopefully, on the verge of showing some life, this blog has turned into a myriad of people attacking one another and mindless dribble that is simply incomprehensible. I come here to see opinions and insight from the Raider Nation. From TRUE Raider fans. I don’t mind listening to objective and subjective opinions, that may be different than my own.
    But it’s finally time for the REAL RAIDER NATION to support the new era in Oaktown.