Watson eager to return from knee injury

ALAMEDA — Rookie offensive tackle Menelik Watson on Wednesday cleared up a few things in regard to his knee injury.
First, he first suffered the injury the week before the Raiders played the Seattle Seahawks in the teams’ exhibition finale.
So, when coach Dennis Allen said Watson “tweaked” his knee at practice the week of the Raiders regular-season opener against the Indianapolis Colts, what actually happened is that Watson aggravated the injury.
Watson revealed that he injured the medial collateral ligament in his right knee and that the injury was severe enough to warrant surgery.
“It’s nothing season-ending,” Watson said Wednesday. “My recovery is going well. My rehab is going well. I should move it around next week and be back as soon as I can. The surgery was painless. I’ll be back soon.”
Watson was slated to be the Raiders left tackle against the Colts. Now he’s focused on his rehab and staying sharp for his expected return later this season.
To that end, he’s doing everything that he can to get back on the field and make a contribution.
He’s also thankful that his injury isn’t as bad as it could have been.
“It’s not that bad,” Watson said. “It’s not something detrimental. It’s not an ACL or anything. So, I’m blessed in that sense.”

Steve Corkran

• elraidmanhattan

Wow, simply amazes me with the blatant racism here.

• elraidmanhattan

Lofty- are you living in a basement, just curious?

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

PlunkforHOF
    You got your lists backed up? When the revolution comes, they’re all gone.

• JLofty

No Manhattan. I have a house. And a job. Where I sit in front of a computer all day….

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

oakr8rs

you are a cross poster its clear as day

you are still miffed about grads and palmer now your mad about pryor

You are upset about teddy roosevelt and the changing face of the nfl qb position

too bad

you can always watch olympic curling, that sport is still all yours

• The Big Banana

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 2h

Terrelle Pryor tried to dance around question if Matt Flynn’s been supportive but … “I can’t help if it if guys are still dwelling on stuff”
    —————–
    Flynn is now a dip schytt. I frickin hate his guts now. What an idiot. but papa promised me the starting role….sounds like my 5 yr.

——

Wow, is this real? If so, Flynn is sad little man.

• aig-raiders

Banana it is is 100% real. Look up Tarfurs twitter.

• elraidmanhattan

Seymour- what is interesting is the “nfl factory” Alabama produces

Kirkpatrick
    Upshaw
    Ingram
    Milliner
    Hightower

Nothing special

• JLofty

We don’t have a lot of basements in the west. Sure as hell don’t on my acre of glacial river rocks. The rocks are bigger than trucks…not basement type material.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Wow, simply amazes me with the blatant racism here.
    ———————————-
    Not me. But then again I’m black.

• aig-raiders

Yo Mistic,
    You gonna call NAACP on behalf of JC for being passed over the starting gig in Cleveland? lmfao

• aig-raiders

*again….

• elraidmanhattan

Lofty- just didn’t appreciate your pryor’s mom comment

• JLofty

I honestly don’t know what you are talking about. Why would I say something about Pryor’s mom?

• aig-raiders

elraidmanhattan Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Seymour- what is interesting is the “nfl factory” Alabama produces
    ——–
    I have always believed that they have a collection of above avg players and prob the biggest collection in college. So everyone looks better than they really are.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

CHARLOTTE, N.C. A Charlotte police officer accused of shooting an unarmed man 10 times after the man was in a car crash over the weekend is scheduled for appearance in court on voluntary manslaughter charges Tuesday afternoon.

Officer Randall Kerrick fired 12 times at Jonathan A. Ferrell early Saturday after the 24-year-old was in a single-car wreck and sought help at a nearby house, police said.
    ————————————–
    Don’t know why anybody would be surprised about Racism here…………………..

• elraidmanhattan

Kell- I’m white a not racist, just don’t think it is necessary for posters to make comments like that here or anywhere

• Mistic1 Tha Supavillain

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Yo Mistic,
    =====================

prudent move by the browns actually

the browns can evaluate hoyer to see if he is qb of the future because they clearly are not sold on weeden.

this is getting a jump on the draft process and exactly what oaklnd should have done last year.

having said that though im sure there is a limit on how many non white qbs can start at any given time in the nfl

teddy roosevelt would have wanted it that way

makes no difference jc owned you when he was here, that doesnt change

lol

• Dan78

Ok looks like I was able to get Dan78 ignore the last disqus comment

• elraidmanhattan

Aig- i agree, the rb’s are average at best but i would stick with their oline guys.

Btw belicheck has a very poor draft record as well

• elraidmanhattan

Just would like to stick football, and nothing more

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

The Big Banana Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:22 pm
    Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 2h

—————–

——

Wow, is this real? If so, Flynn is sad little man.
    =================================================
    Read that earlier.
    Was wondering if Pryor was referring to Flynn, or the media dwelling on it?
    Flynn had joked about the situation on twitter, plus it doesn’t really mesh with Pryor’s usual public comments.

• Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist

Finally, Pryor was asked about the quarterback room. He had talked all of training camp about how good the room was, with everyone pulling for each other. Has that changed, he was asked, now that the roles had changed and he was the starter and Matt Flynn the backup.?

“I just have to focus on the job at hand,” he said. “I can’t really think or worry about if guys are still dwelling on stuff. I have a job to do. My butt’s on the line. I have to get the guys going. I can’t really worry about that stuff.”

• 0ak r8rs

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:26 pm
    oakr8rs

you are a cross poster its clear as day

you are still miffed about grads and palmer now your mad about pryor

too bad

you can always watch olympic curling, that sport is still all yours

@@@@@@@@@

It’s gratifying to me that you know so little about me.

• 0ak r8rs

Purvisman/Intrepid/Eternal Optimist Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

@@@@@@@@@@

Can someone give me a link to all this Pryor and Reggie stuff from today?

• Raider4Life209

inonewordraider Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Raider4Life209 Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Hoyer chosen instead of Campbell. Read it and weep.

____
    mistic says its a great move so the browns can see what they have in hoyer

it’s week 3, i’m pretty sure they’re not throwing in the towel yet!
    ==========

Wow! Called it!!!

• Raider4Life209

Mistic1 Tha Supavillain Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Aig-Raiders Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 4:27 pm
    Yo Mistic,
    =====================

prudent move by the browns actually

• PlunkforHOF

OFFICIAL SEMI PREDICTION BOARD WEEK 3
    Week # 1 winner: GDog ($)
    Week # 2 winner: Dakota (3)

860Todd Christensen Raiders 34-27

Que Raiders 31-28
    RaiderRetribution Raiders 26-13
    SnBG Broncos 38-13
    spiff Raiders 23-21
    the famous dr Robert Broncos 34-3
    *****************************************************

Again, (and again) here is the format:

Your name (space) Winning team (space) final score

ie:

PlunkforHOF Raiders 35-9

You don’t have to plug into the list, but if you type it that way it makes it much easier to do this list. Inability to do so means riding the short bus.

• xraided

Xraided Broncos 27-17

• xraided

sorry Dungver Donkos

• Pingback: Oakland Raiders Links That You’ll Want To See September 18, 2013 | Raiders Central | Oakland Raiders Blog

• xXRaider2DaHeartXx

xXRaider2DaHeartXx Raiders 26 – 24

• Raiderfusion

WOW: I’m so glad that they are going to start monitoring this site and get rid of all the hate that goes on here. It will be nice to get in here and not have to deal with all the knuckleheads spewing their hatred for one another. We come in here to getaway from all that nonsense. Now maybe we can really just talk and inform about our team. Have a Great Day!!!

Hoping: Raiderfusion Raiders 30-28