Gurode will start at left guard

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Saturday that Andre Gurode would start at left guard in place of Lucas Nix, who has been limited all week with an ankle injury.

Nix may or may not be available in a backup role and was listed as questionable. If Nix can’t play, the next man up is Antoine McClain, inactive for the first two games, as the fill-in for Gurode or left guard Mike Brisiel.

Strong safety Tyvon Branch (ankle), tackle Menelik Watson (knee) and tight end David Ausberry (shoulder) are all out and will not make the trip to Denver Sunday.

The Raiders cut short their practice because of heavy rain.

Click here to read what former Raiders coach and ESPN analyst Jon Gruden thinks of how offensive coordinator Greg Olson is doing in designing an offense for Terrelle Pryor.

Click here to read the story of how two pit bull mixes owned by Raiders cornerback Taiwan Jones attacked and killed a Chihuahua that was out for a walk with its owner in Brentwood.

“I hate for something like that to happen,” Jones said following practice Saturday. “Anybody who knows me knows how much I care about animals. I feel really bad about the situation. It didn’t happen at my residence, but I still can’t help but feel for the young lady.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Oak is 12th in 3rd down conversion percentage at 40.74%
    Somewhat of an improvement over last years 35%

Meanwhile Arizona is 27th at 32%.

Go figure.

• 0ak r8rs

EJ Manuel sucks. He might end up being good, but he sucks. I’m even more pissed about that wide open BS pass to Stevie Johnson now that got on all the top 10s last week, instead of Woodsons superman act.

• lefty12

Comparing Cam to Rodgers-LMFAO

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

SD fans are ignorant and stupid. I hate most of them.
    SD girls are nice for CA girls, but I prefer Mexicans or girls from the MW.
    Ohio Girls were great.
    1 Ohio Girls > 10 CA girls

• lefty12

Oak R8ers-are you drunk again?

• Raider Riff

Ohio girls are the most underrated best kept secret in America.

Closest thing to a European girl we got are the fun sluts from Ohio.

• Crawfish Joe

Wonder if the Jags would pay a pretty penny for Flynn. I believe he could be a good fit for them, being desperate and all, and maybe Reggie could work some magic and come out smelling like a rose. Kinda like how the Seattle GM did when he off loaded Flynn. Jags are desperate Reggie. Opportunity knocks.

• ElMuñequitoDeCalsetin

Why did Philbin pass up Flynn after coaching him in Green Bay; he knew a backup was not worth putting your money on to run the franchise.

• 0ak r8rs

Lefty12 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:34 pm
    Oak R8ers-are you drunk again?

@@@@@@

Haha. No. Gotta be onsite 5am tomorrow. Why? Say something you don’t agree with?

• Raider Riff

But O…. U know…. All the best looking Ohio girls leave ohio. Probably move to SD. Explains why SD chics are so nice

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:35 pm
    Ohio girls are the most underrated best kept secret in America.

Closest thing to a European girl we got are the fun sluts from Ohio.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Agreed.
    Lol

• Breaking_Black

Raider O Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    SD fans are ignorant and stupid. I hate most of them.
    SD girls are nice for CA girls, but I prefer Mexicans or girls from the MW.
    Ohio Girls were great.
    1 Ohio Girls > 10 CA girls
    —-
    Whoa! Lmao
    Apparently the alcohol is pouring a lot stronger there too.
    Had a friend that moved to Toledo for a couple of years. Said it mostly dogs, but they were very sweet. Lol

• morilla

God, this jets / bills game is hard to watch.

It’s like a sh:t sandwich.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:37 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That’s true. A lot of the nice girls I met here were not natives.
    Carmen Electra is from Ohio. They move to CA, Chicago, NY, or Florida.

• lefty12

Your assessment of Rodgers.I’ve seen him bring his team back and win.He has no Oline.He is the best QB in the league.Saying he some Palmer in him is laughable.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Pretty girls migrate to the Coasts, from Podunk. God bless em.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Breaking_Black Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:38 pm
    Raider O Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:33 pm
    SD fans are ignorant and stupid. I hate most of them.
    SD girls are nice for CA girls, but I prefer Mexicans or girls from the MW.
    Ohio Girls were great.
    1 Ohio Girls > 10 CA girls
    —-
    Whoa! Lmao
    Apparently the alcohol is pouring a lot stronger there too.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Toledo?!
    I’m talking about Columbus, Cinci, and Cleveland.

• MiamiRaider78

I hate Dolphin fans!

• Breaking_Black

Toledo?!
    I’m talking about Columbus, Cinci, and Cleveland.
    —-
    Oh yeah, Cleveland! America’s hottest city!
    Haha, I’m just teasin. But that whole “1 Ohio girl > ” statement, leads me to think you need to get out more.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Pretty girls migrate to the Coasts, from Podunk. God bless em. Sweethearts too.

• 0ak r8rs

Lefty12 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:41 pm

@@@@@@@@@

Of course he has brought his team back. But more often than not. And more often than most elite QBs, he doesn’t. He doesn’t choke it like Palmer necessarily, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. If he’s put in a position to win, he usually does. If he’s out in a position to lose, he usually does that too.

I’m not by myself w that take. JFB started it. And he brought it up because there’s rumblings around the media about the same thing, specifically from BSPN I believe. And if BSPN Is bad mouthing one of their golden boys for any reason, I tend to believe it. And hai record shows it.

• 0ak r8rs

*his

• lefty12

You can tell most of you don’t live in the Bay Area.The worst,most obnoxious fans in football(and baseball) reside on the other side of the bay from our beloved Oakland Raiders.

• morilla

You’re comparing Midwest girls to SD girls? Are you nuts? There are more 10′s on a Saturday afternoon at Mission Beach in a 12 square block radius than there are in the whole state of Ohio.

• 0ak r8rs

MiamiRaider78 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    I hate Dolphin fans!

@@@@@@@@

I feel your pain. Plenty of them here in PA as well. It’s the whole Dan Marino/Jimmy Cefalo connection.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Breaking_Black Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    Toledo?!
    I’m talking about Columbus, Cinci, and Cleveland.
    —-
    Oh yeah, Cleveland! America’s hottest city!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lol
    I’m married, and I’m out with the family entertaining our kid.
    I judge girls based on looks (no fake crap), intellect, emotional state/ stability, and values. I prefer Mexicans or girls from the MW.

• 0ak r8rs

Lefty12 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:46 pm

@@@@@@@@

I live less than two hours from Philly.

• http://www.raiders.com Raider O

Morilla Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:46 pm
    You’re comparing Midwest girls to SD girls? Are you nuts? There are more 10’s on a Saturday afternoon at Mission Beach in a 12 square block radius than there are in the whole state of Ohio.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I am nuts. I like girls with brains and values.

• 0ak r8rs

Philly fans r the definition of obnoxious. Still can’t believe they didn’t boo Andy Reid out of the stadium after 14 years of service.

• 0ak r8rs

Rich Gannon sounds like he wants to make Pryor his girlfriend compared to what he has to say about EJ Manuel. Haha

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Morilla Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:46 pm

————————————-
    Of course. But some of those ladies are from the Midwest

• lefty12

Oak-the guy plays behind one of the worst lines in the league.I can’t agree with that take,but to each his own.

• MiamiRaider78

0ak R8rs Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:47 pm
    MiamiRaider78 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    I hate Dolphin fans!

@@@@@@@@

————————

I’m sure tomorrow I’ll hear about how they will win the Superbowl. Fml, I could kartate them all to death!!!!

• Breaking_Black

Oh, I feel you.
    I’m still in my 20′s living in SoCal. I don’t find all that out about women.
    I just stare like a creep.

• MiamiRaider78

Karate chop*

• lefty12

Wow,A.Smith suspended.Wonder why this action wasn’t taken before the game.

• aig-raiders

lefty12 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Wow,A.Smith suspended.Wonder why this action wasn’t taken before the game.
    ————
    pretty stupid shycct by the nfl again. Favoritism.

• Raider Riff

Rumor is…the jags asked for a running clock in the second half.

• aig-raiders

Niners got rolled over today. Win tomorrow and I have a perfect fb weekend.

• lefty12

AIG-he was suspended by the team-the owner.

• morilla

Raider O Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:49 pm
    Morilla Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:46 pm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I am nuts. I like girls with brains and values.

———————

I’ve been to the midwest. There are dummies everywhere.

Don’t buy into stereotypes. There are fake and plastic people all over. I’ve met more grounded, successful and determined women here than anywhere I have lived.

• lefty12

Watching teams like the Jets,Bills,Jags,and many more,how can the media be so anti Raider?There is no way these teams should be considered better than we are.

• MiamiRaider78

Palmer continuing his losing ways.

• Raider Riff

Whoa O

I never said Ohio girls are smart. Dumb as rocks. And I liked it that way.

Smart and hot just don’t go hand in hand.

• MiamiRaider78

Palmer=George=losers

• 0ak r8rs

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:55 pm
    Rumor is…the jags asked for a running clock in the second half.

@@@@@@@@@

Is that a joke? Cause if I was the Jags HC I might have. I certainly wouldn’t have turned it down if they offered it to me. Haha.

• 0ak r8rs

Lefty12 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:59 pm

@@@@@@@@@

Yea. It never ends. But of we even have a decent showing tomorrow, and best Washington at home next week, we should move up into the low 20s. Not very far fetched as far as I’m concerned.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Some of the results and the scores today are un-fuk’n-believable.

• 0ak r8rs

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 5:20 pm
    Some of the results and the scores today are un-fuk’n-believable.

@@@@@@@@

I’ve been wrong most of the year w most of the games. Even straight up. Glad I haven’t been betting.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

Im looking for a unbelievable score again tomorrow night. Something like 24-17 Raiders.
    ______

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Some of the results and the scores today are un-fuk’n-believable.