Gurode will start at left guard

Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Saturday that Andre Gurode would start at left guard in place of Lucas Nix, who has been limited all week with an ankle injury.

Nix may or may not be available in a backup role and was listed as questionable. If Nix can’t play, the next man up is Antoine McClain, inactive for the first two games, as the fill-in for Gurode or left guard Mike Brisiel.

Strong safety Tyvon Branch (ankle), tackle Menelik Watson (knee) and tight end David Ausberry (shoulder) are all out and will not make the trip to Denver Sunday.

The Raiders cut short their practice because of heavy rain.

Click here to read what former Raiders coach and ESPN analyst Jon Gruden thinks of how offensive coordinator Greg Olson is doing in designing an offense for Terrelle Pryor.

Click here to read the story of how two pit bull mixes owned by Raiders cornerback Taiwan Jones attacked and killed a Chihuahua that was out for a walk with its owner in Brentwood.

“I hate for something like that to happen,” Jones said following practice Saturday. “Anybody who knows me knows how much I care about animals. I feel really bad about the situation. It didn’t happen at my residence, but I still can’t help but feel for the young lady.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• RaiderDebo

Tannehill throwing darts.

• Just Fire Baby

I’m going to LMAO if Jax finds a way to backdoor that 20 point spread.

• Just Fire Baby

It wasn’t near a “fan and player riot”.

Not even close.

• RaidO

WR’s?

Raiders need to start Streater, Butler, and Criner on monday.

Moore and ford off the bench.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

I must say though. Pryor minds me a lot of Kapernick.

• Just Fire Baby

Luck is proving he is a top 15 player in the NFL IMO.

Nobody does more with less.

• Raider Riff

LT slid to his knees, both arms stretched out wide…. And all of a sudden got hit with the greatest loogey ever spit. Gannon-like accuracy to not hit his visor.

(More like blind luck..haha)

• RaiderDebo

Nice Dolphins. Make Ryan drive for a TD instead of his patented FG.

• Dakota

Kaepernick sucks.

• RaidO

All WR 3 are 6’3 big targets and can catch better than Moore and Ford

• morilla

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    In all seriousness tho, SD fans have only one thing to say when debating whose team is better ….

And it has nothing to do with football….

Whenever I bring up how sorry they are, the only thing they can say is…

“I live in SD”

And a small piece of me knows I got owned a lil.

Hottest, nicest girls are from SD. And the gaslamp is pretty cool when the military dorks aren’t starting fights every 6 seconds.

—————-

SD fans usually don’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to their Football smack talking. They had a good run here in 04-whatever it was about 5 years I think. They had that win streak against us then that got snapped.

It’s just every year up until now they think they are going to the Super Bowl. This year has been different, they see the team they have and are starting to accept the writing on the wall.

• NGRaiderfan

That week one game looks even better now. 9ers hella overrated

• Plunketthead

Kap made too many Hollywood commercials and Bradshaw is making Richardson look normal especially since Trent is dropping passes

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Just Fire Baby Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:58 pm
    Luck is proving he is a top 15 player in the NFL IMO.

Nobody does more with less.
    ————————-
    2. Rushing TD’s as well.

• Raider Riff

I don’t know how much closer it can get.

The lineman were within arms reach of just punching me if they wanted at one point.

Schit was being thrown at them and they weren’t too happy.

Had they came up in the stands it would not have been a surprise. We were asking for it.

Drunk idiots.

• PlunkforHOF

Wow.. Niners are NOT all that..(I don’t root for them, kinda want Kap to be good because he’s from Nevada.. My brother, inexplicably, roots first for the Raiders, then the Niners.. I don’t discuss it to maintain family harmony.) We looked better vs the Colts.

• RaiderDebo

Ryan throws a floater for the interception. Garbage player. The guy’s only claim to fame is that he’s not Mike Vick. Lol!

• Raider Riff

Tannehill just bought his career some serious time.

• 0ak r8rs

Wow. So poker tmw night w a cowboy fan, a Jet fan and a dolphin fan. Fortunately there’s an eagle fan. But we better show up tomorrow or in gonna hear it all damned night. Goddamned fish.

• Crawfish Joe

Harbaugh is gonna blow a gasket.

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

* Luck has run 2 TD’s this season.

• morilla

A lot of parody in the league this year. It’s wide open.

• RaiderDebo

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:04 pm
    Tannehill just bought his career some serious time.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I’d take him over Matt Ryan any day of the week. Did a hell of a lot more with less today.

• Dakota

Raiders have been a parody of themselves for more than a decade now.

• RaidO

Raider’s rebuild year?
    Look at 49ers getting beat down by the Colts. Raiders should have beat the colts.

Ha ha Raiders may be for real this year. Monday night is big.

• 0ak r8rs

Crawfish Joe Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm
    Move McGloin to #2 and make Flynn the unquestionable #1 dedicated place holder.

@@@@@@@@

Apparently he’s not ready to be the #1 holder yet. DA says he still needs some work. Maybe by the time we get to the Bye?

Can’t hate on Matt Ryan.

The guy has it between the ears.

And he’s as clutch as it gets.

• 0ak r8rs

Rendition Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:32 pm
    ak r8rs Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Rendition Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:10 pm
    Silverandblack666 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 2:56 pm

“Lol @ you going around taking roll, giving out hugs, passing out cookies.”

Brownies please!

Of course the good kind
    ++++
    Relentless Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 2:53 pm

—–
    If that is so, I want snickerdoodle.
    ==================
    That makes it official.
    Oak r8rs is now Den Mom.

@@@@@@@@

Dude. You’re not gonna knock me off my game or get into my consciousness in anyway. Troll on me all you want if it makes you happy.
    ====
    WTF? Slow your roll, girl. I asked if you were Den Mom, and you didn’t just say yes, but when the above two said if you are, here’s my order, you replied back by not jus accepting the order, but you offered a 2-for-1 special.
    Wear your badge proudly, Den Mom

@@@@@@@@@@

Awesome. Thanks for the breakdown. Got any football to talk about? Or just me? Let me know. Troll.

Jets are imploding.

What a J-O-K-E JOKE JOKE JOKE!

• lefty12

A’s clinch,Whiners lose-another good Sunday

• The Big Banana

Chokers lose. Whiners get their asses handed to them at home.

Yup, a good day.

I. Hate. Denver.

Just thought y’all should know.

• Plunketthead

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:39 pm
    I wonder if Marley regrets dumping Kenbrell Thompkins yesteray??
    ***************

I doubt it. He is #1 on the WW

• http://www.Raiders.com KoolKell

Wow, Arizona got blown out today?

• 0ak r8rs

The guys we’ve lost r obviously critical. Two LTs and our starting SS and our presumed starting TE. But compared to alot of teams around the league, we r relatively healthy still.

• Raider Riff

Funny. Idiots here hammering on Aaron Rogers.

His RB fumbles during the 4 minute drill with the lead yet everyone here wants to blame the QB?

SMH

• 0ak r8rs

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:12 pm
    Jets are imploding.

What a J-O-K-E JOKE JOKE JOKE!

@@@@@@@@@

Jeez. I had already moved into Sunday night pregame. Didn’t even know this game was still on. How the hell is there still 10 minutes left?

835. True

Thank Pryor. He’s masking a lot of our difficiencies.

When/if we get healthy, we will be even better.

We just need our WR core to step up. Weakest link easily.

• Breaking_Black

Same result as the McClain game against the dolphins.
    Could’ve sat Aldon Smith and made a statement while you got your @ss kicked.

• RaiderDebo

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:10 pm
    Can’t hate on Matt Ryan.

And he’s as clutch as it gets.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

He can get you a FG inside of a minute. But then again, who can’t? Getting the TD requires a QB that can defy Xs and Os. He can’t. Third straight time he’s failed to deliver a TD on the final drive (SF, NO and Miami). Not my definition of “clutch”.

• 0ak r8rs

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    Funny. Idiots here hammering on Aaron Rogers.

SMH

@@@@@@@@@

Nobody was hammering on him. Just saying he doesn’t make many come from behind wins or game winning drives when behind. And it’s true.

• 0ak r8rs

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:20 pm
    835. True

Thank Pryor. He’s masking a lot of our difficiencies.

When/if we get healthy, we will be even better.

We just need our WR core to step up. Weakest link easily.

@@@@@@@@@

I really didn’t believe how bad our WRs were until seeing Pryor in action this year. Seems like nobody is ever open. Even when he takes his time in the pocket, nothing develops more often than not.

Only here….

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are being picked apart and overly criticized.

They do nearly everything at a elite level. Sorry, but those two are not overrated by any stretch.

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

SeyGlen666, why dont you go to the Ariz Card blog and drop to your knee’s for C Palmer.

#numbnuts
    ________

Silverandblack666 Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 3:49 pm

No way we give up our 6.5 million dollar holder for Seabass!

• RaiderDebo

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:18 pm
    Funny. Idiots here hammering on Aaron Rogers.

SMH

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mr. Rodgers, welcome to Cam Newton’s world. His running back fumbles on the Seattle’s 8-yd line at the end of the game and Cam gets blamed for a 5-pt loss in week 1. In week 2, he’s on the sidelines with a 6-pt lead on the road while his D allows a walk off TD to a rookie QB. Again, Cam is the bad guy. Comes with the territory I guess.

842.

I knew it last year.

I never watched so much film.

The all-22 was so revealing.

Palmer got fvcked. Thankfully for Pryor, he’s got legs. And his rah rah leadership is heads and shoulders more effective than CP3′s lead by example crap.

But not even Gannon would be able to get these WRs to act right. These dogs just don’t hunt.

• Breaking_Black

Well, a wise man once said…
    “Wherever Nnamdi goes..”

• Raider Riff

The Jets just refuse to run the ball.

When they were going to AFC title games, they did so with running the ball.

Rex’s D sees way too many series.

• 0ak r8rs

Raider Riff Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 4:24 pm
    Only here….

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are being picked apart and overly criticized.

@@@@@@@@@

My point w Rodgers is that you can’t be considered the best QB in the league, as many people say he is, of you’re not clutch. And so far, his performance says he isn’t. He does fine when he’s got things going his way. Doesn’t overcome adversity more often than not. Not saying he’s not elite. Not saying I wouldn’t love to have him on this team. But he’s got a little bit of Palmer in him, and nobody w a little bit of Palmer could ever be considered best QB in the league. Hell, Romo might have more come from behind wins than Rodgers, with alot less wins in totality.

• Raider Riff

The Jets ask way too much out of their young QBs.