Paths cross again for Woodson, Manning

Charles Woodson, and Peyton Manning, two of the most decorated and respected players in the NFL, meet on the field for only the fifth time Monday night at Sports Authority Field.

Click here to read about two players who competed for the Heisman Trophy in 1997 and then four months later sat in the same green room for the NFL draft.

Manning went No. 1 to the Colts, Woodson No. 4 to the Raiders. In between, the San Diego Chargers took Ryan Leaf and the Arizona Cardinals selected defensive end Andre Wadsworth of Florida State. Leaf was derailed by his own maturity and personality, while Wadsworth had bad knees and was out of the league in four years.

In terms of head-to-head meetings, Woodson was 2-1 against Manning with the Raiders and 1-0 with the Packers, all against the Colts.

Peyton Manning by the numbers
60,256 _ Passing yards, third all-time
445 _ Touchdown passes, second all-time
156 _ Regular-season wins, second all-time
37 _ TD passes in 2012, set Broncos record
12 _ Pro Bowl selections
4 _ Most Valuable Player awards
XLI _ Super Bowl champion, 2006 season

Charles Woodson by the numbers

896 _ Interception return yards, second among active players.
55 _ Interceptions, second among active players.
15 _ Consecutive seasons with an interception, fourth-all-time

DMAC – T Porter
    R8erEduc8er – Mike Jenkins
    Thec – DJ Hayden

• eastoaklandraider

Guest123 Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:06 pm
    #2 and #20 are going to be offensive weapons of the evening.
    ———–

Tell us something we dont know.

*****

ok, how about 250 + yards rushing tonight for the Raiders.
    ————

How bout saying Reece or Moore will have a big night.

• LA to TheBay

Are guys that are questionable usually play? Yeah, right?

That usually goes 50-50, 60-40 in favor of them NOT playing from my estimation.

• alex7

DMac

questionable = 50% chance of playing.
    Probable = 75% chance of playing.

• DMAC

Thanx

• eastoaklandraider

Romania Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:07 pm
    What’s the weather gunna be in D?
    ————-

Clear 60′s

• Thec

DMAC Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    What up Thec
    How u been brother?

+++++++++

All is well, how r the beats coming????

• DMAC

Thec Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:11 pm

DMAC Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm
    What up Thec
    How u been brother?

+++++++++

All is well, how r the beats coming????
    ==========

Studio has been a lil bit under construction, so I haven’t gotten to it lately.

• R8erEduc8er

The_Judge37 Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    alex7 Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:00 pm
    what we did on special teams years ago, with different coaches, players, and punters…matters zero to tonight.

If you can take the ball away from a play-maker, do so. You get ZERO points for bravery/bad strategy.

Again, no different than putting 8 in the box vs Peterson.
    —–

Wrong agian. I hope the Raiders play with a pair tonight.

==========

Brains > A pair. Better yet, have a pair and play with your brains. Stupid teams don’t win in this league. Holliday is a weapon…a deadly one. He can score on perfect coverage. If we lose, I want Peyton to beat us, not Holliday. Just my opinion.

• DMAC

I have trust in our Special Teams unit.

+ we have Taiwan-da gunna!!!!!

• LA to TheBay

Anybody see the ESPN MNF promo?

You would think it was just Peyton playing catch with himself.

We’re getting a bit of love out there but nobody but some crazies in here, including myself, think we have a realistic shot at a W.

• eastoaklandraider

R8erEduc8er Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 pm
    The_Judge37 Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:02 pm
    alex7 Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Again, no different than putting 8 in the box vs Peterson.
    —–

Wrong agian. I hope the Raiders play with a pair tonight.

==========

———-

You def dont want both of’em to beat us, then ur talking blowout.

• LA to TheBay

510.DMAC Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm
    I have trust in our Special Teams unit.

+ we have Taiwan-da gunna!!!!!

I don’t get DA’s praise. Throughout preseason and two weeks, I always see Jones being the first guy there but has yet to even touch the ball carrer.

• DMAC

Gotta think Egg Head is goin to go after the rookie Hayden.
    Bring your A game fellas!

• LA to TheBay

I guess if he can get there fast enough to force a fair catch, he’s doing his job.

• DMAC

yes sir

• eastoaklandraider

LA To TheBay Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm
    Anybody see the ESPN MNF promo?

You would think it was just Peyton playing catch with himself.

————-

I believe we can win if we start well, that will be the key. Start well, survive that first wave of emotion, and settle in.

• Thec

Any given sunday, monday, thursday

• SR Raider

Woodson is soon to be 4-1 vs. the manning. Also have to love having Tracy Porter back there! Pick 6 baby

• Thec

Raiders are going to win this game tonight.

• Thec

We gave one, now we will take one.

• Dakota

I am in Loveland Colorado….heading out for a late lunch and then the game…..If I don’t return I was murdered by angry brOnco fans pisses that we won!

• DMAC

Dakota Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm

==========

Have him chase you all the way to Oakland
    We’ll fk him up here

• LA to TheBay

522.Dakota Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm

—-

A great martyr you will make. Way to take one for the team.

Your legacy will be celebrated here in the blog for at least 2 weeks.

• DMAC

Go Dubs!
    Go Cal Bears!
    Go Raiders!

++++++++

Ltr Youngstar…B safe

• Thec

Raiders and are going to go into denver and take the game

• http://repealitnow.org MistaBrown

This blog is so nice when SeyGlen666 and MR aren’t here tr0lling with their sock puppets. KK is taking his noon nap, it’s almost too good to be true!

Go Raiders!!!

• Thec

at 11:00 pm tonite Raiders will be 2-1.

Neck talkers stand down

• guest123

Raiders going to shock the world tonight. Lotta Bronco fans going to go home crying

• SaintKaufman

Good luck Dakota. Punch one for me!!

• fingers

Raiders !!.. Just Win….beat the Donkeys..
    Introduce them to Mr. Pain..

• Dakota

It is windy as hell right now. Maybe if it is like this at gametime mannings passes will float and Pryor and McFadden can run us to a win!

• Dakota

Will do saint.

• Thec

Not that it makes a difference however, I wonder how many spots we jump in the mediots “so called” power rankings after tonite.

• RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit
  • RaidersAllday_LtsGeTit

REGGIE.. Work out RAINEY for PUNT/ KICK RETURNER… CMON.. get on it by tommorow

• DutchRaider77

522.Dakota Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:24 pm

___________________________________________________

Your martyrdom will be remembered!

• guest123

Thec Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:39 pm

**********

not much. maybe up to the low 20′s. they’ll call it a fluke. that the broncos slept on us. don’t expect no respect for the NATION. It’s coming though.

• DutchRaider77

532.SaintKaufman Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:35 pm
    Good luck Dakota. Punch one for me!!

______________________________________________

Just make it festive…give them a donkey punch!

• fingers

Clear and Brisk in Colorado today… Should be cool tonight…
    Maybe bubble head will tighten up….

• fingers

Hate Orange & Blue….

• guest123

fingers Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:45 pm
    Hate Orange & Blue….

************

Hate Orange & Navy. I even hate the Florida Gators and I live in Gator country!

• LA to TheBay

not much. maybe up to the low 20’s. they’ll call it a fluke. that the broncos slept on us. don’t expect no respect for the NATION. It’s coming though.

Never understood why a lot of folks in The Nation WANT the recognition. I like being under the radar.

Of course, with a ton of wins will come more attention, more expectation.

I’ll prefer to be a huge underdog at least for tonight.

• fingers

Guest^5…. Blue & Orange suck..!

• guest123

I’ll prefer to be a huge underdog at least for tonight.

***********

well then your in luck!

• guest123

fingers Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:49 pm
    Guest^5…. Blue & Orange suck..!

**********