Assemblyman Guy Houston, R-San Ramon, has endorsed GOP presidential candidate and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney for president.
Here’s what Romney’s press release of a few minutes ago said:
Today, Governor Mitt Romney announced that four additional California State Legislators have joined the Romney for President team. Three of these new supporters, Assemblymen John Benoit, Bill Emmerson and Kevin Jeffries, were previously announced supporters of Fred Thompson’s campaign.
Assemblyman Guy Houston joins these legislators along with California Assembly
Republican Caucus Chair Bob Huff who announced his support for Governor Romney last week.
“It is an honor to have these Republican legislators join our California team,” said Romney for President California State Co-Chairman Senate Republican Leader Dick Ackerman. “We know there are challenges ahead for our country, and we agree the candidate with the experience and determination to provide solutions and turnaround Washington is Governor Romney. Californians can be proud to join us in voting for the candidate who will lead our nation to a better future.”
In announcing their support, Governor Romney said, “I look forward to working with these California leaders to strengthen our economy and increase opportunities for hard-working families across the country. Together, we will bring real conservative change to Washington and fight to keep taxes low, cut wasteful government spending, secure the border and strengthen our military.”
These legislators join California Romney for President Co-Chair Tony Strickland and U.S. Congressmen Buck McKeon, John Campbell, Dana Rohrabacher and Wally Herger in supporting Governor Romney’s campaign.
New California State Legislators Supporting Governor Romney:
- Assemblyman John Benoit, 64th Assembly District
- Assemblyman Bill Emmerson, 63rd Assembly District
- Assemblyman Guy Houston, 15th Assembly District
- Assemblyman Kevin Jeffries, 66th Assembly District
Previously Announced California State Legislators Supporting Governor Romney:
- Senate Republican Leader Dick Ackerman, 33rd Senate District
- Assembly Republican Caucus Chair Bob Huff, 60th Assembly District
- Assemblyman Anthony Adams, 59th Assembly District
- State Senator Bob Dutton, 31st Senate District
- Assemblyman Doug LaMalfa, 2nd Assembly District
- State Senator Bob Margett, 29th Senate District
- Assemblyman Jim Silva, 67th Assembly District
- Assemblywoman Audra Strickland, 37th Assembly District
- State Senator Mark Wyland, 38th Senate District