By Lisa Vorderbrueggen
Tuesday, January 29th, 2008 at 12:54 pm in 2008 presidential primary.
With 20-plus primaries set for Tsunami Tuesday on Feb. 5, the presidential candidates and their surrogates won’t have too much time to linger in California.
But we will see all the candidates touch down in Southern California for CNN-sponsored debates this week. The Republicans debate on Wednesday, while the Democrats will face off on Thursday. Both debates will air live from 5-7 p.m. on CNN.
He’s not on the ballot but President George Bush will be in California on Wednesday, as well, with a planned speech on the economy in Southern California followed by a fund-raising trip to the Bay Area later that day. (He’ll be in Hillsborough raising big bucks for the Republican National Committee.)
Here’s a quick rundown of the balance of the candidates’ Golden State schedules as of this moment and believe me, it can shift on a dime:
– Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee will speak at the Commonwealth Club on Thursday. Click here for details.
– Republican Arizona Sen. John McCain will attend fundraisers Thursday in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
– Former GOP Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney will be in Sacramento Friday although details remain sketchy.
– New York Democratic Sen. Hillary Clinton will host a fund-raiser in San Francisco Friday night at the Orpheum Theatre.
– Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards will speak at San Jose State University on Friday morning.