By Lisa Vorderbrueggen
Monday, July 20th, 2009 at 5:52 pm in 2009 CD10 special election.
Fourteen Thirteen people have filed to run in the Sept. 1 special primary election in the 10th Congressional District to replace Ellen Tauscher. (UPDATE 6:24 P.M. Just received an updated list from the clerk’s office with a 14th candidate, Republican Mark Loos of Livermore.)
The deadline to submit nomination papers and pay the $1,740 filing fee was at 5 p.m. today.
The top vote-getter in each party will advance to the Nov. 3 election unless one candidate receives 50 percent plus 1 vote in the primary. (An outright win in the primary is unlikely given the large number of candidates.)
It’s also a blanket primary, which means that all candidates regardless of party will appear on the same ballot and all voters regardless of partisan affiliation can vote for any candidate.
Here is the candidate list along with the candidates’ ballot designations, city of residence and web sites, if they have them:
(1) Assemblywoman Joan Buchanan of Alamo – www.joanbuchanan.com
(2) State Sen. Mark DeSaulnier of Concord – www.markdesaulnierforcongress.com
(3) Lt. Governor and rancher John Garamendi of Walnut Grove – www.garamendi.org
(4) Adriel Hampton, an investigator from Dublin – adrielhampton.com
(5) Anthony Woods, an economic policy analyst of Fairfield – www.anthonywoodsforcongress.com
(6) Chris Bunch, a small business owner of Fairfield – www.bunch4congress.com
(7) Gary Clift, retired law enforcement officer from Vacaville – www.cliftforcongress.com
(8) David Harmer, an independent businessman of Dougherty Valley – www.harmerforcongress.com
(9) David Peterson, accountability system owner of Walnut Creek (no web site but here is an email address: email@example.com)
(10) John Toth, a Pleasant Hill physician – www.johntothforcongress.com
(11) Mark Loos, a small business owner from Livermore (this link is now working; there is no www in the URL) – http://loosforchange.com/
(12) Jeremy Cloward, community college professor of Pleasant Hill – www.jeremycloward.com
PEACE AND FREEDOM
(13) Mary McIlroy, an El Cerrito office worker – www.peaceandfreedom.org/home/mcilroy-for-congress
(14) Jerome Denham, insurance agent of Walnut Creek – www.freedomcoalition.com (The web site is not labeled as a Congressional candidate page but the Freedom Coalition of Walnut Creek and Denham have the same phone number. )