A seventh Republican has joined the list of candidates looking at running in the June 2010 primary election in the 11th Congressional District, a seat currently held by Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Pleasanton.
Jeff Takada, a high school teacher in Manteca, will formally announce his campaign and launch his website in the next few weeks, according to his spokesman Mike Cipponeri.
The intense interest is a reflection of the 11th District’s competitive party registration split between Republicans and Democrats.
The other Republicans who have either entered the race or are testing the waters include:
1) Lodi-area grape grower Brad Goehring has hired Carl Fogliani, the former campaign manager for Richard Pombo, the former congressman who lost to McNerney in 2006.
2) Businessman Jon Del Arroz, of Danville, has on his team Carlos Rodriguez and Dave Gilliard.
4) San Ramon businessman David Bernal has a Web site.
5) Former U.S. Marshal and Sacramento-area Latino leader Tony Amador officially entered the race on Sept. 17 at a press conference in downtown Lodi.
6) Lodi-area construction company owner Robert Beadles is discussing a run with the firm of Duane Dichiara.