By Lisa Vorderbrueggen
Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 at 6:12 pm in 2010 election.
I have a little game for you. Let’s call it the “Great Hunt for Misspelled Politicians’ Names!” No prizes, sorry.
The mailer below was put out by the California Republican Party for the benefit of Assembly District 15 GOP nominee Abram Wilson. The endorsement list, as an eagle-eyed reader points out to me, was obviously not proofread by anyone with access to Google.
He found at least five misspelled names. Can you find more?
- Bob Kockly (they meant Kochly), Contra Costa County District Attorney
- Cleste (they meant Celeste) Evans, Arts Council (should be Commission), Danville
- Jim Livington (they meant Livingstone), Councilmember San Ramon
- Guy Huston (they meant Houston), former Assemblymember
- Lynn (they meant Lynne) Leach, former Assemblymember
As the reader also noted, the Republican Party managed to misspell the names of two of its former and veteran elected officials, Houston and Leach.
“Why should voters entrust a person with the details of “lawmaking” who cannot master the simple task of correctly spelling his predecessors’ names in a document distributed to 10,000′s?” the reader asks.