I made up a little bit of ground last week, so I’ll try to keep that going over the next two months. So, without further delay…
(5) Ygnacio Valley over Liberty: The Warriors are looking every bit like BVAL title contenders, and although the Lions have won two straight, it doesn’t appear as if they have enough to win this one.
(4) Alameda over El Cerrito: The Hornets season has gone as such: win, loss, win loss. That pattern continues this week.
(3) Las Lomas over Miramonte: The Miramonte teams of old would have really blown out Northgate and Concord. Las Lomas, meanwhile, is gaining momentum every week.
(2) Foothill over California: The Grizzlies may be a little desperate because their EBAL title hopes would disappear with a loss. But Falcons coach Matt Sweeney hasn’t lost to Cal since the first George Bush was in office.
(1) De La Salle over Mission Viejo: The Diablos have plenty of offensive weapons, but Mark Sanchez was the biggest reason they beat the Spartans last year. With no Sanchez, Mission Viejo may be ripe.
Tie breaker: Berean Christian over CSD.