Friday, October 28th, 2005 at 1:54 pm in Prep Sports.
And we’re baaaack! With the return of Dizzy, the Forecast is back in full swing this week. And not a moment too soon, as several games are on the schedule this Friday.
Not only do we have a great slate of games, but I actually have a real shot at picking up some points this week. So let’s get right to it.
(5) Pittsburg over Liberty: The Lions are often tough at home, but their offense is going to find the speed of the Pittsburg defense suffocating. Thanks for playing, collect your door prize.
(4) San Leandro over San Ramon Valley: It’s a scary thought (and nearly has me changing my pick) but I’m actually with Ben on this one — if this game was at SRV, the Wolves would have a good chance. But on the road against an offense (and a defense!) like San Leandro is going to be too much to handle.
(3) Encinal over El Cerrito: This is the game that could cost me. I know the Gauchos have been playing very well on offense lately, but I’m not sold on the defense. And I just have a feeling that the Jets are going to make a game of this one.
(2) Monte Vista over Foothill: The Mustangs looked a little lethargic in their win at Granada last week. MV coach Craig Bergman pointed to a bad week of practice. That’s not going to happen this week. Trust me. Foothill has owned MV (six wins in seven games), but the Mustangs are solid at home and have all the weapons to win this one.
(1) Acalanes over Las Lomas: Acalanes’ late collapse and double OT loss to Dublin last week was the worst thing that could have happened to the Knights. The Dons will come to Walnut Creek ticked off and fired up. Las Lomas will still walk away with the DFAL title, but they won’t clinch it this week.
Swing time: Deer Valley over Antioch – The Wolverines have found new life, and the Panthers never really had one. But they’re trying. This game might be closer than people think, but DV still wins.