Friday, November 25th, 2005 at 5:11 pm in Prep Sports.
Delayed by large feasts and long naps, we find ourselves up against the wall in making our Friday Forecast picks for semifinal weekend. However, we’ll be going to the no-huddle offense and attempting to submit our picks before racing off to cover our games. With just seven games remaining, we’ll be weighting all of our picks in the format of 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1.
And here we go.
(6) De La Salle over Foothill: Like you didn’t see it coming. Please.
(5) Miramonte over Dublin: The Matadors beat the Gaels 42-16 the first time around, and that was at Dublin. With the groove that Miramonte is in now, things aren’t going to get any better for Dublin on top of the hill.
(4) Monte Vista over San Leandro: In a battle of unbeatens, I’m going with the home team. Also, the Pirates just haven’t seen an offense like the Mustangs this season.
(3) Ygnacio Valley over Acalanes: In the end, the Dons struggles to contain the rush is going to cost them. Few teams control the line of scrimmage and run the ball better than the Warriors.
(2) San Ramon Valley over Las Lomas: The Dizzy is driving this Wolves bandwagon, but I’m more than happy to ride shotgun. I like what they’ve got going, and a Dave Kravitz team with confidence is a tough team to beat.
(1) Granada over Irvington: There’s an awful good chance that the No. 7 and No. 8 seeds will meet for the 3A championship.
(1) Salesian over Clear Lake: I know little about Clear Lake, except that they’ll be making a long drive. Plus, the Chieftains are playing their best football right now.