Friday, September 29th, 2006 at 5:48 pm in Uncategorized.
Well, well. So Curtis and Ben want to get their hands dirty with some predictions again. I’m all for that. And I’m up against a timeline here on Friday night, so I’ve got to make these some quick-hitters.
Also, I was privy to a halftime score from the Clayton Valley-Ygnacio Valley game, so in good faith, I won’t be predicting that one. Instead, I’ll throw in a random game so that the points still match up.
Here we go:
(6) Deer Valley over Antioch: The battle of A-Town is certainly intriguing this season. And as inspiring a start as the Panthers have had, I’m not sure they’ve seen the type of speed that the Wolverines are boasting.
(5) Salesian over Sacred Heart Cathedral: One healthy Jahvid Best is all Salesian will need. I expect it to be close for a half, but Salesian to pull away in the second.
(4) Hayward over Amador Valley: I really like the balance of the Dons offensive attack, but I’m not sold on their defense. They will have their hands full with the Farmers offensive line and star running back Troy Evans.
(3) Alhambra over Las Lomas: The Bulldogs have the defense to compete with the Knights this season. This should be a very close game, but I’m giving the edge to the team with the biggest playmaker — and that is Alhambra RB Brandon Rutley.
(2) Foothill over Monte Vista: Two reasons for this pick — The Falcons are at home, and the Mustangs haven’t seen a defense like this all season.
(1) Pittsburg over Liberty: Here’s my throw-in game to even things up. The Lions shocked the BVAL by upsetting the Pirates last season. But winning at Liberty and winning at Pirates Stadium is a different story. Plus, Pittsburg is going to be itching to play after having a week off following the Long Beach Poly loss.
See all of you at Monday Evening QB.