Gawd, I was awful last week with my forecast picks. I will never have a week like that again. You have my word, faithful forecast reader. So let’s get to this week’s picks.
(6) San Ramon Valley over Irvington: I know Irvington will be revved up to play another EBAL team after being beat up by Amador Valley two weeks ago. But they should have been revved up last week, and they only managed a one-touchdown win over Kennedy-Fremont. SRV rolls.
(5) Alhambra over College Park: I hear this Brandon Rutley guy’s pretty good.
(4) Monte Vista over California: A huge crowd is expected in San Ramon tonight as the Mustangs come calling. The final score may be closer than expected, but it’s tough to ignore Monte Vista’s 29-1 record against the Grizzlies since 1975.
(3) Pinole Valley over Berkeley: The Yellow Jackets have played a tough schedule and they should be prepared for this game. But the Spartans have scored like mad this year and should end up winning a shootout.
(2) Pittsburg over Clayton Valley: The Pirates needed a fourth quarter outburst to get by a game Liberty team. They’ll be in for a fight this week, too. But they won’t need any last minute heroics.
(1) De La Salle over Mission Viejo: Not winning would be a huge letdown for the Spartans, who circled this game on the calendar a long time ago. Mission Viejo’s good, but not having a manchild like Chane Moline anymore could be the difference.