Friday, October 13th, 2006 at 5:39 pm in Uncategorized.
It’s another week of flash forecasting, for me. But the last two weeks haven’t hurt me too much. So I’ll get right to it.
Before we do, though, let’s update everybody on the standings. I still lead with 28 points, Ben holds second with 24 and Curtis (after going 5-for-6 last week) has 22.
(6) Pittsburg d. Deer Valley: As much as I like the Wolverines and the explosiveness of Taiwan Jones, Deer Valley hasn’t seen a defense like the one Pittsburg will bring to Wolverines Stadium. The Pirates have their confidence back, and should clip the Wolverines by at least at touchdown. Score: 31-20.
(5) Freedom d. Ygnacio Valley: The Warriors have been a nice story so far — new coach, new players, same success. But stopping Diondre Borel will be a tall order for the YV defense. So if the Freedom defense only bends, and doesn’t break, against the 2xWing-2xTight then the Falcons will escape with a win. Score: 27-21
(4) Las Lomas d. Miramonte: Doug Longero has had the Matadors number for the past two seasons, and I don’t think that is going to change. The Knights will flex their defensive muscle and earn the big DFAL win. Score: 16-10.
(3) Pinole Valley d. Alameda: The Spartans are due for a letdown game, but it’s not going to be this week. Once again, PV wins in a shootout. Score:38-27
(2) John Swett d. Albany: As long as Santario Carson is on the field, the Cougars have little chance of stopping him. Still, I made it a two-point game because Albany scares me a little. You never know when they could find a groove. Score: 30-17
(1) Monte Vista d. Amador Valley: If I had any guts, I’d go with the Dons here, but the Mustangs have won five of the last six meetings between the two schools and will also have home field advantage. Plus, if Richie Storelee can continue to give MV a running game, look out. Score: 34-28.