Friday, October 13th, 2006 at 3:48 pm in Uncategorized.
Last week seemed to be an improvement for all of us, so I suppose I haven’t shown my true colors yet. Just you wait, this week I’ll probably miss them all.
(6) John Swett over Albany: This game represents an improved program in Albany against perennial powerhouse Swett in a good ole’ fashioned BSAL throwdown. The Cougars are getting better, but they’re not there yet. The Indians will win this one, and then head to the Nantucket for some clam chowder and cioppino (or maybe that’ll be me…).
(5) Freedom over YV: Run, run, run to victory. In the words of Lee Corso, not so fast my friend! Falcons QB Diondre Borel has established himself as a force to be reckoned with and I think he’s the difference maker in this one.
(4) Pitt over Deer Valley: Talk all you want about Amador v. Monte Vista, but in terms of pure football talent you can’t do a whole lot better than this game. The problem I have with DV is that Taiwan Jones seems to be the straw that stirs the drink and I think Pitt will make the combo of Renshaw and Masters beat them with the passing attack. They won’t.
(3) Miramonte over Las Lomas: And now we begin the picks that could really go either way. Supposedly Jordan Kerl is injured, but who knows if that affects LL (they did put up 62 last week, albeit against Northgate). I’m playing home field advantage here.
(2) Pinole Valley over Alameda: This is one of those games that cries upset, especially after PV didn’t play very well last week. The larger picture tells me that PV couldn’t stop the run last week but they did marginally better against the pass. Alameda would have to prove that they have a consistent rushing attack to win this one, and I don’t think they do. Then again, making this a two-point selection tells you I’m not too confident.
(1) Amador Valley over Monte Vista: I picked against MV in this same spot a few weeks ago and it worked. The Mustangs seem to have found a rushing attack since then, but their offensive machine will need to hit overdrive in this one to pull out a W.
This is shaping up to be one of those weeks where nothing is predictable. Here’s hoping I get a few right.