Friday, October 13th, 2006 at 5:26 pm in Uncategorized.
Got five out of six games right last week, with the one miss being my five pointer (Alhambra over CP). This week I’m aiming for perfection, but it’ll be tough with so many unpredictable games on tap. Let’s give it a shot.
(6) John Swett over Albany: The Cougars are starting to get thing going in the right direction these days, but they are a long way away from being BSAL title contenders. John Swett isn’t.
(5) Pinole Valley over Alameda: Those Spartans have a way of testing the nerves of any forecaster. Witness last week’s heart-stopping comeback win over Berkeley. Still, their offense will put up enough points to win this one.
(4) Pittsburg over Deer Valley: This has the makings of a pretty low-scoring game, considering both defenses have shined so far this season. But Pittsburg has a couple more playmakers on its roster, and should pull away in the second half.
(3) Ygnacio Valley over Freedom: Unlike the Pitt-DV affair, this has the makings of pretty high-scoring game. The key will be if YV can keep its ball-control offense on the field, and supreme playmaker Diondre Borel off of it.
(2) Amador Valley over Monte Vista: The Mustangs played very well defensively in beating California last week. But the Dons pose a greater physical test, and should do a better job of containing QB Drew McAllister from scrambling all over the place.
(1) Miramonte over Las Lomas: The Knights had a hard time beating the Matadors even in the best of years. Now that LL has lost QB Jordan Kerl to injury, they face an even tougher task. Miramonte wins, and becomes league title favorites.