Friday, October 20th, 2006 at 4:52 pm in Uncategorized.
First the standings:
I know, we’re shocked, too. And yes, this is the same Ben who labored to stay within 20 points of all of us a year ago. Apparently, our Ben is all growed up.
On with the picks.
(6) Pittsburg over Ygnacio Valley: No way the Pirates don’t rebound from their loss to Deer Valley. Look for the Pittsburg defense to put the double whammy on the double-wing, double-tight defense.Score: 36-20
(5) John Swett over St. Mary’s: As long as Santario Carson is on the field, I’ll be picking the Indians. Score: 41-28.
(4) Hayward over Mt. Eden: Venturing into the Hayward Area Athletic League, check us out. Mt. E is putting together a very good season so far, but I can’t see the Monarchs stopping the multi-threat offense of the Farmers. Score:35-13
(3) Concord over Acalanes: I’m finally going to buy into the Minutmen’s defense. It has been the best defense in the DFAL for the past three weeks, and I’m starting to believe that it might not be a fluke. Of course, that will mean that Conor Ring will rack up over 200 yards and lead the Dons to victory. Score: 17-13
(2) College Park over Las Lomas: The Falcons have some good momentum and the Knights are fighting a lot bad luck and negative vibes right now. Las Lomas is certainly capable of winning this game, but it’s going to be awful tough without Jordan Kerl at QB. Score: 24-16.
(1) San Ramon Valley over Amador Valley: The Dons are going to be better than they were against Monte Vista last week, but the Wolves are dying to make a statement with a big win over a top program. Also, AV seemed to struggle against the pass last week, and SRV’s Corbin Louks is already leading the East Bay in TD passes. Not a good sign for Dons fans. Score: 31-27.