Thursday, November 9th, 2006 at 4:36 pm in Uncategorized.
Because of the speed in which I’ve needed to reel off my past few Forecasts, I haven’t had the time to provide viewers with the current standings. So after reviewing our past three weeks of picks, I’ve come up with our current standings — and it doesn’t get much closer than this. Thanks to Ben taking to his old ways and going just 3-for-3 last week, it’s a dead heat to the finish.
Here’s how it stands.
So in this special Thursday edition of the Forecast, it’s all about keeping pace heading into the playoffs, as it appears all three of us our qualified for some postseason forecasting.
Now on to the games:
(6) Freedom over Liberty: A small part of me worries about this one, especially since the Lions are going to desparately cling to the Bell Game as a savior for what has been a horrendous season. But the Falcons just have way too much firepower. And there is no way that Freedom QB Diondre Borel wants to end his high school career on a three-game losing streak and having never won the Bell. SCORE: 31-13.
(5) Miramonte over Campolindo: Both teams are likely playoff bound, but one team is clearly superior to the other. The Matadors defense dominates this game. SCORE: 23-7.
(4) Las Lomas over Concord: As much as I’d like to see the Minutemen qualify for the playoffs, the Knights will have no sympathy for them. You can bet that at least eight or nine players will be in the box waiting to stop Billy Burmeister on all 35 of his carries. SCORE: 28-12
(3) Foothill over Amador Valley: If the Falcons defense can hold San Ramon Valley to just 14 points, there won’t be a lot of hope for the Dons tonight. SCORE: 20-10.
(2) Mt. Eden over Livermore: Apparently, I didn’t learn my lesson last week when I picked against the upstart Cowboys. Still, I have to think that the Monarchs are a little better than Granada. That said, I’d gladly accept a two-point penalty to see the Livermore program finish its year with such an upset. SCORE: 16-14
(1) Monte Vista over San Ramon Valley: The Wolves were very impressive against Foothill, and probably should have won that game. San Ramon Valley is certainly capable of beating this Monte Vista team, but the Mustangs need the one more. Also, I recorded and watched the MV-De La Salle game from last week and came away quite impressed with the Mustangs efforts. SCORE: 30-28