So, last week was not my best week. I was so close too. That means I need a big effort this week to rebound and contend for the title. To the picks!
(6) Freedom over Liberty — I’m seeing a big day from Diondre Borel in this one. This has all the makings of a regional slugfest, but Freedom is looking to secure a playoff bid and they need this game.
(5) Foothill over Amador Valley — This may be the most points I’ve ever wagered on an EBAL game. Sweeney’s troops are playing darn good football and last week I picked against them. This week I’m hopping back on the bandwagon.
(4) Miramonte over Campolindo — Campo beat Concord last week which came as a surprise to some. Plus, they get the Mats at home in the ultimate Lamorinda bragging rights game. I say Miramonte gets the job done on the road.
(3) Mt. Eden over Livermore — Yes, Mt. Eden had trouble with Bishop O’Dowd last week. Yes, Livermore beat Granada. No, Livermore can’t duplicate the feat. Mt. Eden wins here but I’m not ruling out a surprise
(2) Las Lomas over Concord — Whoa, hold the phones! A Knights win? Yes, you heard it here first. The Minutemen are rumbling, bumbling, and stumbling after losing to Campo last week. Jordan Kerl is playing again, so I bet the Knights score just enough to win.
(1) Monte Vista over San Ramon Valley — Two of the best quarterbacks you’ll see this year show up in this game. Drew McAllister and Corbin Louks will take to the skies, fans will be there all night, and Ryan Whalen will have a big night. Mustangs win.
No super cool food spots from me this week, but don’t be discouraged. This is the last week of the regular season so get out and see some football.