I made some nice headway last week and I’m now just one point back of both Chace and Ben. Now it’s just a matter of keeping the momentum going.
(6) Foothill over Amador Valley: The Dons are in a must-win spot if they want to make the playoffs, and there’s a possibility of a letdown for the Falcons after last week’s big win over SRV. I don’t either thing happening.
(5) Las Lomas over Concord: I’ve been burned by the Minutemen before, but no more. Even though Concord needs a win to get into the playoffs, I still say Las Lomas plays its best when it matters the most.
(4) Freedom over Liberty: I have a sneaky suspicion this game will be a lot closer than people expect. Liberty’s a better team than its record indicates, but Freedom is just too good this year.
(3) Monte Vista over San Ramon Valley: A lot of people have said that the Mustangs may not make the playoffs if they lose this one. I think they get in regardless. But they’ll have less to worry about after beating the Wolves.
(2) Campolindo over Miramonte: The first of the upset specials, baby. I know Campo’s record against the Mats hasn’t been too good in recent years. But the Cougars are playing pretty good football, better than people expected, anyway.
(1) Livermore over Mt. Eden: People are sky-high in Cowboy-land these days. Close out the season on a good note, boys.