Friday, November 24th, 2006 at 5:13 pm in Uncategorized.
The past two weeks have been dismal for me as far as trying to gain ground on Chace and Ben for the Forecast title. With eight games on the agenda for this week, this may be my last chance to get back in contention.
(6) De La Salle over San Ramon Valley: The Spartans’ offensive line is going to have its hands full trying to move the Wolves’ interior defensive lineman. And make no mistake, De La Salle will need to run the ball well in order to win. SRV will score its points, but the Spartans will eventually wear down that defense.
(5) St. Patrick over John Swett: The Bruins running game hasn’t gotten a ton of attention this season. But it is for real, and St. Pat’s will roll.
(4) Hayward over Irvington: It may be a closer game than people think, but it’s a year of destiny for the Farmers.
(3) Pittsburg over Foothill: I’m picking the upset here simply because I feel it’s a way to gain ground on Ben and Chace. It’ll be a close game, with turnovers being the deciding factor.
(2) Salesian over Ferndale: Jahvid Best’s brilliant prep career can’t end yet. Can it?
(1) Campolindo over Miramonte: Some say Campo’s an underdog even though it is the higher seed. I say the Cougars have earned the ranking.
(1) Pinole Valley over Alhambra: Please, a little respect for the Spartans.
(1) Ygnacio Valley over El Cerrito: 6-6 and in the section finals. You’ve got to love 2A East Bay football.