Friday, September 21st, 2007 at 4:15 pm in Uncategorized.
There wasn’t much movement with last week’s Top 10, but two schools did manage to get into the mix.
Monte Vista and Bishop O’Dowd found their way into the poll. The Mustangs won the Newark Memorial Tournament and went 5-0, beating Granada in finals in three games. O’Dowd then scored a win against Monte Vista.
Other than those two teams, everything pretty much stayed the same, which is interesting considering some of recent outcomes of matches. Most glaring is Castro Valley’s win over Foothill that knocked the Falcons down a notch but kept the Trojans at No. 6.
Another team perhaps worth a look is small school Salesian, who is currently 12-1 and has a big upset win over St. Mary’s.
Are there any other teams out there not getting any love? Let us know by posting below.
BTW: If you are a girls volleyball coach in the East Bay and have not cast a vote but would like to, please contact myself (email@example.com) or Deer Valley’s Lou Panzella so that you can be put on the E-mail list to cast your vote.
–Ricardo Sanchez Jr.
EAST BAY GIRLS VOLLEYBALL COACHES POLL
1) Amador Valley (Dons remain the unanimous No. 1)
2) Deer Valley (rolling along in BVAL play)
3) Campolindo (can Las Lomas give Campo a run in DFAL?)
4) Foothill (suffers loss to Castro Valley)
5) Bishop O’Dowd (win over Monte Vista gets them in)
6) Castro Valley (gets big win over Foothill)
7) Granada (lost to Mustangs in final of Newark Tourney)
8) San Ramon (kicks off league play against No. 1 Dons on Tuesday)
9) Monte Vista (won Newark Tourney by beating Granada)
10) Albany (headed for a showdown with St. Mary’s?)
Other teams receiving votes — Carondelet, Las Lomas