Just want to say thanks to everyone out there commenting and helping update the blog! I appreciate it.
- It is a final. SRV moves on to the NCS 3-A East Bay Regional game with a 59-7 trouncing of College Park.
- As this one winds down, I want to remind you that San Ramon will play the winner of Washington at Pinole Valley. That Washington-Pinole game will be played Saturday night.
-59-7 SRV with just over four minutes to go.
–Wow. It just doesn’t stop for SRV. The Wolves’ Byron Gruendl ripped the ball out of a College Park’s tailbacks hands and raced 81-yards for the score. It is now 59-7 SRV with 6:41 to go.
-52-7 SRV with just over seven minutes to go. CP has the ball inside SRV’s 25.
-Still 52-7 SRV here. Just under nine minutes to go.
-College Park spoils the Wolves’ shutout bid. Kenny Shrader goes 75 yards up the sideline for the score. It is now 52-7 SRV with 10:26 to go in the game.
- 52-0 SRV at the end of three quarters of play.
-Not much has happened. San Ramon kicker Steve Roberts just missed a 36-yard FG attempt. It is still 52-0 SRV with just under four minutes left in the third quarter.
-The running clock has been enforced. Southwick is out of the game, being replaced by second-stringer Joey Tidwell. First snap he takes is a fumble. Southwick isn’t injured or anything. It is just 52-0 SRV. This one is in the bag.
-Just want to let you followers of this game know that since it is 52-0 I will be updating this game less frequently. I will still be giving updates of major plays and scores the best I could. We got just under four minutes before the second half starts.
-It is halftime right now and this one is all SRV. The Wolves are up 52-0 and the Falcons have no answer for the passing game of SRV. QB Joe Southwick 10-for-12 for 323 yards and three TDs passing. Greg Wilson has two catches for 92 yards and a pair of TDs. The running game has been working as well. Mike Mellinger has 10 carries for 45 yards and three TDs. College Parks has just 58 yards on offense and has turned the ball over four times.
-Here are the updates I had going that for some reason didn’t make it through. It is all SRV in this one. The score is 52-0 Wolves at the half.
-It is clear what SRV wanted to do and boy are they doing it. Southwick just hit Greg Wilson on another wide receiver screen pass. Wilson took it 28-yards for the score and a 42-0 SRV lead with 3:36 left in the half.
-SRV is moving the ball quick! The Wolves started on their own 40 and on the second play from scrimmage, Southwick hit Jeff Berlin for a 32-yard gain to the CP 28.
-Sorry about the delays. Internet went out for a couple minutes here. Finally back up and running. Right now it is still 35-0 SRV and CP has the ball on its own 24-yard line and are about to punt with under 4:30 to go.
-Southwick just found Bryce Peterson for a 24-yard TD reception to make 35-0 with 6:25 to go in the first half. It was a nice one-handed, diving catch by Peterson in the back of the end zone.
-Southwick just hit Dan Mithwick for a 64-yard gain. It was about a 10-yard pass and Smithwick did the rest. SRV is now at the 33 of CP.
- A College Park run is stuffed and SRV takes over at its own 4-yard line after the punt on fourth down by the Falcons.
- Score is 28-0 SRV and it is 3-and-8 from the 46 of SRV with 9:58 to go in the half.
- Sorry about the delays here. I am fielding calls and trying to keep up with everything. Right now College Park has the ball at the 46 of SRV.
-College Park opens the second quarter with another fumble. SRV pounced on it and recovers at its own 47.
9:20 p.m. – Had just long enough service to confirm a 28-8 Campolindo victory.
9:04 p.m. – We have lost all contact with reporter Dave Schoen out at Encinal. Last I heard it was 21-8 Campo. I appreciate anyone out there posting an update in the comment section for me!
8:24 p.m. Just got word of an Encinal score, cutting the Jets’ deficit to 21-8. Encinal’s Sashington caught a 53-yard TD pass midway through the third quarter.
7:56 p.m. It is 21-2 Campo at halftime. Got some quick details before cell phone service went out again! Encinal ran just one offensive play in the first quarter and it has been all Campo. Campo’s Bo Richter has 129 yards and all three TDs.
-We are having cell phone trouble out in Encinal. I will do my best to get an update.
-7:25 p.m.: I know it is 14-0 Campo at the end of the first quarter. I didn’t get any details because the cell phone service went out! Ughh. Will get some details as soon as I can.
Here is the spot to find updates for the Campolindo at Encinal NCS 2-A semfinal game. The winner of this game will take on the winner of Saturday’s Ygnacio Valley at Las Lomas football in the NCS 2-A Regional title game. Oakland Tribune reporter Dave Schoen will be providing me with cell phone updates and I will then relay the message right here! Remember to hit that refresh button!
9:23 p.m. It is final. DLS moves on to the NCS 4-A title game with a 50-15 win over Monte Vista. The Spartans will play the winner of California-James Logan.
9 p.m. – DLS goes up 50-7 now. This time it was Travis Carrie with a 1-yard run early in the fourth quarter.
8:44 p.m. – It is now 43-7 DSL. Dominic Russo had a 35-yard interception return for a touchdown. There is 2:14 left in the third quarter.
8:38 p.m. – More bad news for Monte Vista fans. It is now 36-7 DLS with 3:50 left in the third quarter. DLS receiver Mike Czyz caught a 25-yard TD pass from quarterback Mike MacGillivray.
8:28 p.m. – DLS scores again and the upset bid by Monte Vista is fading fast, as it is 29-7 Spartans with 5:42 left in the third quarter. Butler scored his fourth TD of the game, capping a 12 play, 70-yard drive with a 5-yard run.
8:04 p.m. DLS is up 21-7 at halftime. Butler scored again for the Spartans with 40 seconds to go before the intermission. Butler has 11 carries for 78 yards and three TDs for the Spartans. Monte Vista’s Drew McAllister is 9-for-13 for 89 yards passing.
7:43 p.m. DLS retakes the lead 14-7 on a 4-yard touchdown run by Butler with 4:46 left in the half. Tito Pica added the two-yard, 2-point conversion run. The Spartans started with a shortfield after Monte Vista was called for a late hit on the kickoff. It took DLS five plays to go 45-yards for the score.
7:36 p.m. There could be an upset brewing in Concord. Monte Vista takes the lead on a 1-yard Drew McAllister run. It is 7-6 MV with 6:39 left in the half. This is only the second time all year that De La Salle has trailed!!
7:31 p.m.: The score remains just 6-0 DLS after the first quarter. We may have a game here!
7:17 p.m: De La Salle has already taken a 6-0 lead on Monte Vista. Kylan Butler capped a 9-play 74-yard drive with a 7-yard run with 4:56 left in the first quarter.
This is the spot where you can find Monte Vista at De La Salle updates. The winner of this game will play the winner of California at James Logan in the championship game of the NCS 4-A East Bay bracket. Contra Costa Times reporter Chace Bryson will be giving myself updates via cell phone and then I will relay the message to everyone right here. Remember to keep hitting refresh. All the updates will be right here!
-College Park fumbled the ball away to SRV. The Wolves took over at the 31 of the Falcons and immediately captilized. Mike Mellinger scored his third TD of the game on a 1-yard run with 11 seconds to go in the quarter. The quarter ended 28-0 SRV.
-Wow. That didn’t take long. Southwick hits Greg Wilson on a wide receiver screen play and Wilson took it 64-yards for the score. It is 21-0 SRV with 2:49 left in the first quarter. This could be a loooooooong night for CP.
- No return on the punt and SRV will start another drive from its own 33 with 3:22 left in the first quarter.
- SRV is all over College Park. The Falcons can’t get the ball out of the backfield and after another incomplete pass are forced to punt from its own 29-yard line.
- SRV takes a 14-0 lead with 5:07 left in the quarter. After a 36-yard Southwick scramble, Mellinger went right up the gut for a 24-yard touchdown run. It isn’t looking good for CP early.
- SRV ball at own 35 after the punt.
- Falcons started their drive from their own 26-yard line and already have to punt. On a third-and-3 play a pitch to Dan Adler was fumbled, but Adler picked it up and immediately was hit for a loss. CP is punting.
- Mellinger plunges in from the 1 and just like that it is 7-0 SRV with 8:24 remaining. The Wolves went 66 yards in three minutes, 36 seconds. Southwick was 3-for-3 for 51 yards on the drive and Mellinger ran four times for 20 yards.
- The Wolves are slicing right through the Falcons’ defense. SRV running back Mike Mellinger ran three straight plays for 6, 9 and then 4 yards. Southwick then hit Zach Peterson on a screen pass and SRV is already down to the College Park 1 with 8:28 left in the first quarter.
- Joe Southwick comes out hot, hitting his first two passes and picking up a SRV first down. The Wolves have the ball at their own 49 and are moving rapidly.
- SRV’s Brynce Peterson returns 23 yards and SRV will start at its own 34 yard line.
- The coin toss just went down and San Ramon Valley elected to receive. We are a national anthem away from the kickoff.
OK, I just arrived in the San Ramon Valley press box and we have about 15 minutes until game time. This is the post where you will be able to find up-to-the-minute updates for the first quarter. I will have a different posting for each quarter of the game. The most recent action will be at the top of this post. Just keep hitting refresh and I will keep you updated at nearly a play-by-play pace!!
As expected, this year’s version of the Silver Bowl was a close one. Castlemont led 7-0 after a Deon Glasper 20-yard TD run in the third quarter. But with 28.1 seconds left, Mack sophomore QB Robert Bringham hit Marchell Mitchell on a 6-yard TD pass, then connected with Jeffrey Taplin on the two-point conversion to win it 8-7. Great game! Check the paper and insidebayarea.com tomorrow morning for a game story by Steve Herendeen and a sidebar by myself on the gutsy two-point conversion call by first-year coach Eric Culberson.
The second round of the North Coast Section playoffs kick off tonight and we’ll have reporters at every game. How does that work out for you? Well, if you can’t make it to tonight’s games, Mike Bower of the Hayward Daily Review will be blogging LIVE from tonight’s San Ramon Valley/College Park game and he’ll be getting updates from all of our reporters in the field. So, if you can’t be at the games tonight, check out our sister blog, Prep Corner, at InsideBayArea.com.
Too full from Turkey Day to go out to the football game? Don’t worry, be happy. We got you covered here at Prep Corner.
I will be blogging live from San Ramon Valley High tonight, where College Park will take on San Ramon in the NCS 3-A East Bay semifinals. I will also be getting updates via cell phone from other NCS games tonight. So sit back and grab some leftovers and I will bring the action to you!
Make sure to comment or ask a question every now and then, though. I don’t want to think I am typing to myself!