What a game, writing a 400-word story doesn’t give it justice.
THANKS TO MAN O’WAR for the video footage from the game! Click below for some amazing highlights and a little analysis
– Cameron Gupton: Took that pitch from Runner on the hook-and-ladder 84 yards. That was some incredible speed he showed. Then, throws for a touchdown too?
Check out the speed on this hook and ladder:
– Roman Runner: Runner is the best receiver I’ve seen all year. All three of his touchdowns took incredible plays to make happen. On the first one, Ryan Walsworth had perfect posistion on him, but Runner just jumped over him basically and hung on in the corner. Then on the long TD from Gupton, it also looked like the pass had a chance to get picked off, but he some how caught it then was off to the races… the final catch he made to tie it up came after it was batted up and he caught it falling down. Unreal. Not sure why he doesn’t play defense.
Video of his touchdown that tied the game:
– Ryan Rodriguez: Ran for 111, threw for 330. When Freedom needed a big play, it was all him. Plus he made some plays on D as well at safety. Did a great job running the high-tempo offense and was very, very accurate with his passes. Aside from the one interception, he played nearly flawless.
Freedom overall: I thought they had the game won. When they scored all they needed was an extra point and to prevent Foothill from scoring with 1:04 left. That’s how close Freedom was to the semis. After that blocked PAT the wind was really gone from their sails so to speak.
– Sean Mannion: Best game of his young career. When he steps up and throws he delivers as good a ball as anyone in the area (Southwick, Nottingham, Rodriguez etc…). He did that well tonight. The throw he made to Lynch to win the game was absolutely perfect. To make that read and throw to a guy who only had 1 catch for -2 yards in the game really shows the faith he had in Lynch as well.
Touchdown pass from Mannion to Millard:
– Nathan Hinke: Most underrated player in the area. I think he is the best WR in the EBAL … he has the speed — outran the whole Freedom secondary on the 80-yard TD — size and hands to match up with just about anyone. The first TD catch he made (from Lynch) looked like it could have been intercepted, but he stayed with it, big, big play.
Video of the long TD by Hinke:
-- Michael Young/Brian Babb: combined to get 101 yards — all of them were tough earned. Neither are the most physically gifted players, but they were just good enough to keep Freedom honest. There were a lot of third-and-short situations where they both came up huge.
– Patrick Lynch: In the SRV game a couple weeks ago he intercepted two passes, one of which sealed the win. Tonight he comes up with the biggest catch of the night — the 16-yard TD from Mannion to win it. Talk about having a knack for the big play.
–David Kluj: Over 100 yards receiving including a 23 yard TD and a 22 yard gain that brought Foothill from the 38 to the 16 on the final drive. He stepped up tonight. If Lynch doesn’t catch the TD, we would have seen James Langford on to kick a game-winning field goal.
–Ryan Walsworth: Long gain on the final drive really gets things going.
Video of that play:
–Coaches: Talk about opening up the playbook. Two half-back passes. A pass-then handoff — over 500 yards of offense. There were several other passes that nearly went for big yardage as well. Very impressive stuff out there tonight.
Blocked PAT by Foothill: