De La Salle has announced the newest inductees into its athletic Hall of Fame. Here’s a little more on the latest class, which will be honored Oct. 27 at the school. For more information on the ceremony or to register, go to dlshs.org.
- Mark Viera: The basketball and track and field standout was the school’s athlete of the year in 1971.
- Pat Oswald: The school’s 1983 athlete of the year starred in baseball, football and wrestling.
- Antonio Vernon: Excelled in football and baseball. He was named athlete of the year in 1986.
- Doug Brien: The 1989 graduate went on to kick in the NFL, winning a Super Bowl with the 49ers in 1995. He played soccer and football at DLS.
- Tom Coughlan: A star water polo player, Coughlan was an All-American at UC Santa Barbara and went on to coach internationally. He graduated in 1997.
- 1989 soccer team: Won the school’s first North Coast Section title in soccer.
- 2000 basketball team: Won the school’s first CIF state championship in basketball.
- Tom Baldacci (Alumnus of the Year): The 1977 graduate sent his four sons to the school. He has been an active part of of the community.
- Kenneth H. Hofmann: For over 25 years, he has been a devoted supporter of the school’s athletic programs and academic mission.