The City Council this evening will once again discuss Fremont’s plan that will guide development through 2030. Yay.
So where are new buildings likely to sprout during the next 20 years? The city has a draft list. Here it is:
1) Decoto Road from Fremont Boulevard up to Paseo Padre Parkway
2) The Shinn Terminus, which isn’t far from Quarry Lakes and would be part of the Dumbarton Rail project that may never come to pass.
3) Central Park – This was added because Councilmember Anu Natarajan wanted to discuss the idea of a restaurant/tea house in the park.
4) Mowry Gateway – That’s the chunk of Mowry just east of I-880. Now that Puppy Love has closed, it’s ripe for redevelopment.
5) Grimmer Boulevard Corridor – This is the part of Grimmer in south Fremont west of I-880 Oops. I was looking at the wrong opportunity site. It’s Grimmer between Central Park and the future Warm Springs BART station.
6) Fremont Boulevard Corridor – They want to build a trolley down Fremont Boulevard.
7) Pacific Commons
8) Warm Springs Bart station area