A lot of federal official bigwigs will be at Ohlone’s Newark campus tomorrow afternoon to discuss the impending NUMMI shutdown. The meeting starts at 2 p.m.
It looks like the feds are open to “$upporting” the communities affected by the NUMMI closure.
They asked one Tri-City elected official to address these questions:
1) What are the biggest challenges you will face as a result of the
layoffs at NUMMI?
2) What are the assets your community is trying to build on moving
3) What federal programs have you taken advantage of or tried to
4) What obstacles have you encountered in securing help?
5) What projects or programs would you most like additional