By Chris DeBenedetti
Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 8:57 am in Uncategorized.
Some great comeback stories can be told once the local economy completely rebounds, and Union City officials know which local business heroes should be featured. Many of those entrepreneurs will be feted Thursday at the 3rd annual Union City Business Appreciation Awards ceremony.
“We’re appreciative of all of our businesses,” said Christine Friday, Union City’s economic development manager. “But most importantly, we appreciate those that give back and help Union City’s profile.”
The public event, offering free admission and lunch, is scheduled from noon to 2 p.m. at the William M. Cann Memorial Civic Center. The ceremony, copresented by the city and the Union City Chamber of Commerce, will honor eight businesses in six categories.
- The Ambassador Award — Abaxis.
- The Environmental Award — Finelite
- The Innovation — Synterys
- The New Business Award — Gexpro
- The Small Business Award — ChiroSports USA
- The Community Steward Award — Three winners: a) Masonic Homes of California, b) Walmart, c) Southern Wine & Spirits
For more on this event, read The Argus story here.