By Chris DeBenedetti
Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 1:37 pm in Uncategorized.
- On Thursday (12/6) at about 2:12 pm, officers responded to the area of Peco Street and Kennedy Avenue to investigate a report of suspicious subjects possibly casing a residence to burglarize. The first arriving officer spotted the three subjects crossing Decoto Road and attempted to stop them, but they took off running. Additional officers responded to the area and set up a perimeter around the neighborhood, as the subjects began to jump fences in an attempt evade the officers. All three subjects were apprehended hiding in the back yard of residences on Silsby Street and Cherrywood Avenue. The three subjects turned out to be juveniles and were arrested for attempted burglary, trespassing, and resisting arrest.
- On Friday (12/7) at about 12:20 pm, an officer on routine patrol on the 3000 block of San Andreas Drive was flagged down by a homeowner. The homeowner advised the officer that his residence is currently vacant, but the front door appeared to be barricaded from the inside. The owner asked the officers to breach the door and investigate if anyone was inside illegally. The officers breached the door and found that someone had established an illegal marijuana grow inside the residence with over 100 marijuana plants. The Investigations unit is following up to determine who was renting the home.
- On Monday night (12/10) at about 11:33 pm, an officer on routine patrol through the Safeway parking lot at 1790 Decoto Road noticed a suspicious person standing in front of the store. The officer contacted the subject, found him to be under the influence of a controlled substance, and arrested him.
- On Tuesday night (12/11), a female victim reported to Fremont PD that she had been the victim of a sexual assault that occurred in Union City. Upon further investigation, it appears that any assaults that may have occurred happened overseas. Officers did document the victim’s concern in regards to domestic violence that was currently occurring in an on-going relationship involving the victim’s husband.
- Also on Tuesday night, a male subject contacted UCPD dispatch and stated that he was “under the influence of crack”. The subject was contacted, evaluated, and subsequently arrested for being under the influence of a controlled substance.
- On Wednesday (12/12), a stabbing occurred during an argument that resulted in minor non-life threatening injuries. The suspect slashed a family member with a knife at a residence on Galano Plaza. The suspect was arrested and charged with felony assault with a weapon.