Source: Fremont Police Department
The City of Fremont has issued a special event permit for a Half Marathon and 5K this Sunday, February 24, 2013, that will take place in the Niles neighborhood. We expect approximately 1,000-2,000 people in the area between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. A.C. Transit will be rerouting buses to Mission Blvd. between 7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.
The 1/2 Marathon will begin at 7:30 a.m. and the 5K will begin at 7:45 a.m. The greatest impact to the neighborhood will occur between 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., however “I” Street will be closed until 11:30 a.m. Fremont Police Traffic Officers will be in the area to monitor the event, assist with emergencies and direct traffic if needed.
The following streets will be closed to thru traffic from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
1. Niles Blvd. (between “J” Street and Nursery Rd.)
2. “H” Street (between Niles Blvd. and 3rd St.)
3. Third (3rd) Street (between “H” and “I” Streets)
4. Second (2nd) Street (between “H” and “I” Streets)
5. Iron Horse Lane and Victory Lane (between “H” and “I” Streets)
“I” Street will be closed from 7:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
The course maps can be found online at http://www.norcalmarathon.com/course.
Thank you and feel free to contact Maya Williams, Special Events Manager, at 510-790-6967 with any questions or concerns.