Road closures are planned in Fremont this weekend near City Hall, Washington Hospital, Fremont BART, and all other spots near the Festival of India.
Fremont Police released this info today about the street closures:
The City of Fremont has issued a Special Event permit for the 21st Annual Festival of India. The event is scheduled to take place on Saturday, August 17, 2013 and Sunday, August 18, 2013, in downtown Fremont. The Festival will be located at the corner of Walnut Avenue and Paseo Padre Parkway from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. each day and will also include a parade from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 18, 2013.
The Police Department would like to advise residents and motorists that several roads will be closed during the two-day event.
Saturday & Sunday (All roads will reopen no later than 8:00 p.m. each day)
- Walnut Avenue – between Paseo Padre Parkway and Liberty Street in both directions (9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Liberty Street – between Capitol Avenue and 39180 Liberty Street in the northbound lanes only (6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Sunday for the Parade (All roads will be closed at 11:00 a.m. and will reopen no later than 3:00 p.m.)
- Paseo Padre Parkway – between Mowry Avenue and Walnut Avenue in both directions
- Walnut Avenue – between Paseo Padre Parkway and California Street (Eastbound open to Liberty Street)
- Liberty Street – between Capitol Avenue and Walnut Ave in both directions
- Capitol Avenue – between State Street and Paseo Padre Parkway in both directions
- Beacon Street – between Liberty Street and California Street in both directions
- State Street -between Beacon Street and Capital Avenue