By Chris DeBenedetti
Thursday, December 19th, 2013 at 2:08 pm in Uncategorized.
From the city of Fremont:
The City of Fremont is implementing a Holiday Closure for many non-essential City Services from Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, through Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2014. The Holiday Closure is scheduled for Dec. 23, 26, 27 and 30, 2013, while City holidays are observed on Dec. 24, 25, 31, 2013, and Jan. 1, 2014. City offices participating in the Holiday Closure will re-open for business on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014. This closure will not affect police and fire services.
Offices that are taking part in the Holiday Closure include:
- City Hall, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A and Building B (Administrative offices)
- Fire Administration, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A
- Development Services Center, 39550 Liberty St.
- Maintenance Center, 42551 Osgood Rd.
- All Community Centers
Offices and facilities providing limited services during the Holiday Closure include:
- Parks and Recreation, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building B (for enrollment of recreation programs only, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call (510) 494-4300 for additional information.)
- Community Centers and Recreation buildings with Holiday Day Camps, Programs, and pre-booked facility rentals
- Life Eldercare (clients should contact (510) 574-2090 for additional information)
- Afghan Elderly Association (clients should contact their caseworker for additional information)
During the Holiday Closure:
- The Fire Department and Police Department will continue to provide public safety services.
- A minimum number of City staff will be available in an on-call status to provide emergency maintenance services such as responding to storm-related issues.
- Animal Services will provide regular services and the Tri-City Animal Shelter, located at 1950 Stevenson Blvd., will be open Thursday,Friday, and Saturday, Dec. 26-28.
- The Human Services Department will have two crisis counselors available at the Family Resource Center, located at 39155 Liberty St.
- The Parks and Recreation Department will offer camps and other programs.
- Community members with active building permits can call (510) 494-4885 for inspections on Dec. 23, 26, 27, and 30, 2013.
- The Fremont Tennis Center will be open for public play, weather permitting. Some holiday public hours; call (510) 790-5510 for tennis-related information.
Historically, demand for many City services during the December and January holiday season is low. It is anticipated that the Holiday Closure will have little or no impact on service delivery efficiency.