A Nixle announcement from the Fremont Police Department on road closures this weekend for the Festival of India:
The City of Fremont has issued a special event permit for the 22ndAnnual Festival of India. The event will take place on Saturday and Sunday (8/16 & 8/17) from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please be advised that several roads will be closed in the Downtown area.
Saturday, August 17, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Sunday, August 17, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Walnut Avenue – between Paseo Padre Parkway and Liberty Street in both directions:
Sunday ONLY, August 17, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. – PARADE
- Paseo Padre Parkway – between Mowry Avenue and Stevenson Blvd. in both directions
- Walnut Avenue – between Paseo Padre Parkway and Liberty St.
- Liberty Street – between Capitol Avenue and Beacon Avenue in both directions
- Capitol Avenue – between State Street and Paseo Padre Parkway in both directions
- State Street – between Beacon Street (mid-block) and Capital Ave.
- Kearny Street – between Stevenson Blvd. and Liberty Ave.
- City of Fremont Development Services parking lot at 39550 Liberty St.
Roads to remain open:
- Beacon Ave.
- Liberty St. (between Beacon Ave. and Stevenson Blvd.)
- Walnut Ave. (between Liberty St. and Fremont Blvd.)
Please feel free to contact Special Events Manager Maya Williams if you have any questions regarding the special event permit process. Maya can be reached at 510-790-6967.
For more, click here.