* Deron Williams is a baller
* Jason Richardson took advantage of Utah’s lack of a quality shooting guard. But he needs to be more efficient. He rushed a lot of 3-pointers though he was effective posting up and getting to the basket. He, more than anyone else, needs to slow down and take his time, be precise. When he’s moving to fast, it only worsens his dribbling struggles and forces him into bad shots and turnovers.
* The Warriors are going to have to shut down one of three players: Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, or Mehmet Okur. Those three are averaging 69.5 points in Games 1 & 2. Boozer and Okur have combined 62 rebounds. The Warriors have totaled 68 rebounds in both games. Deron Williams is averaging 11 assists. All three can’t be allowed big games if the Warriors have any chance.
*Good to see the Warriors start throwing pumpfakes on Kirilenko. He’s got 13 blocks in two games. You know he’s coming. Throw him a head fake, draw the contact, and get him out of the game. They aren’t calling most fouls, just the hard ones, so get him in the air and let him fall on you.
* Baron Davis is getting butchered. I don’t know how he’s managing the energy to battle through and carry the team on both ends.
*The Warriors are creating turnovers, but they need to score more off of them. 29 points of 23 turnovers is not that good. Forcing that many turnovers, it would be nice to come away with 35 points, especially considering they are getting pummeled on the boards.
* Monta Ellis has issues. He needs to snap out of it — and fast.
* The Warriors crowd is being hailed as the best in the league. But this Jazz crowd is pretty amazing. You literally can’t hear a thing. They turn the simplest plays into momentum with their yelling. Every little misstep by the Warriors, and every positive play by the Jazz, is blown totally out of proportion. And it rattles the Warriors.