* Monta is killing this team. They are in a gunfight with two bullets. The problem is, before reinforcement comes, this thing could be a rap. The Pistons showed that the Warriors can be defended. Actually, Memphis, Sacramento and Minnesota did as well.
Even more so than in past years, the Warriors have few ways to break slumps. Before, Baron – whenever he decided to stop jacking 3-pointers, could go to rack at will. But this cast is guardable. You can have a strategy against them and it’s a good chance it will work. Especially with Mags nursing a hamstring.
Jax and Maggette and Azubuike will be exponentially better with Monta on the court, as he’s the one guy who will torch you even if you have a strategy to stop him. Of course, by the time he gets back, it probably will be too late to make the season interesting.
* Anthony Morrow’s got a stroke
* Anyone notice that Kelenna Azubuike practically never passes the rock? You hardly ever see him drop it off, draw the defense and kick it out. He’s going Clyde the Glide on ‘em – puts his head down and goes to the rim. Eventually, he’s going to have to develop some kind of vision and passing ability because opposing defenses will lose their hesitancy for helping when he drives if they know he won’t pass.
* Say what you want about Sheed, but when he’s on, he’s a beast.
* Did I say Anthony Morrow can shoot? Why isn’t he and Belinelli ever in the game together? Especially when the offense is struggling or you have to catch-up in a hurry, I’d run both of them out there and put them on opposites. Which ever side comes to help, that’s the side I kick to.
* One thing these last few games have shown is that C.J. Watson is a back-up point guard. Nothing against him as a person. He plays hard. He’s got some talent. He’s a solid back-up at this point in his career. If he’s the starting point guard, the team won’t be very good. But if he’s coming off the bench, giving you 20 minutes of energy and quickness, you are a pretty good team.
That mistake tonight, stepping over the inbounds line on such a crucial possession, was unbelievable. You just can’t make that mistake. Sorry. I like the guy, but you can’t make that mistake.
NELLIE: “First of all, the point guard’s not supposed to take the ball out. That was an error by a
young player, and Iverson faked like he was going to go for a steal and he did a dumb thing.
Its not the only thing he did, but he actually played a pretty good game. I’m asking him to play
starter minutes and he’s actually played himself into a very good backup point guard position,
and unfortunately I don’t have a point guard who can play most of the minutes so he’s in a
tough spot. I think he’s playing real well. I’m very proud of him really in the way that he
played, but he’s going to make an error or two or more, and I have to live with him and I’m