By Marcus Thompson
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 at 12:07 pm in Uncategorized.
* Sign No. 834 that the Warriors miss BD: they can barely inbound the ball. Is it me, or should that be down pat at this point? Who do you trust to take the ball out? I woulda said Jax if not for his bad inbounds pass on opening night (which coulda been Maggs fault if he went to the wrong spot). I would say CJ, bit not after that Detroit blunder. That leaves, I guess, Marcus Williams? At least he won’t be making mistakes because of fatigue.
* Speaking of Maggs, his J is looking nice. He’s guaranteed 20 a night if that is falling, with the way he attacks the basket. He just needs to hit a couple here and there to set up his drive and not be like Jax and rely on it.
* Know what separates Morrow from Marco? OK, besides a purer shot, athleticism and rebounding. I submit it’s Moreow’s drive. Dude is hungry. He plays with an intensity and urgency that makes things happen for him. Marco seems to be waiting for things to happen. I normally don’t buy into intensity being exclusively a chest pound or a scream. But Morrow’s hunger shows up in how hard he comes off screens, how aggressively he hits the boards (several times he was trying to block out Oden), how he’s ready to shoot when he gets the ball, not pump-faking himself out of a shot. Plus, he calls for the ball. He tells his veteran teammates to get him the rock. He wants it.
* How is it Jax put up 18 shots and Morrow 12?
* C.J. Watson’s defense really stands out against second and third tier PGs. He’s quick and pesky, but against the Steve Blakes, his gambling style doesn’t hurt him so much. He can reach and freelance without worrying too much about getting burned. Last night, Sergio Rodriguez drove, Watson reached around from behind and knock the ball away. Straight playground move. Against CP3 or Nash, he’d look stupid trying that move, whiffing while his man scores.