By Marcus Thompson
Friday, January 30th, 2009 at 6:24 pm in Uncategorized.
* So, Monta’s name is in the starting lineups. I watched him warm up. He looked fine.
* Nellie did say before the game that Monta will play the shooting guard position for a while, with Crawford playing point. The reason: Crawford “moves the ball more.” Monta will only have to worry about scoring, not about facilitating.
* Nellie said nothing came of his mediation with Mark Cuban on Thursday. He said the courts wanted them to settle. But Nellie wants no part of a settlement. “I won.”
* David West is playing. Morris Peterson is not.
* West and Stojakovic are New Orleans’ starting forwards. Azubuike and Jackson are the Warriors. So who’s guarding who? I can’t imagine Nellie putting Jax, a key scorer, on West. That’s got foul trouble written all over it. That means Buike’s guarding West? That’s got “uh oh” written all over it. (UPDATE: They did start with Buike on West!)