I wasn’t at the game tonight, but there is still a lot to note.
* So, the Warriors are going to the youth movement, right. So please explain to me why Jackson played 42+ minutes? Why did Nellie go pretty much six deep the whole night? With Crawford and Monta out of the lineup, Belinelli played 21:36. Morrow played 15:57. Doesn’t that defeat the purpose. Sure, Watson played a team-high 44 minutes, but the other two guards must play more. That’s what he’s sitting vets for, right?
* Seven minutes for Randolph is inexplicable
* So Jackson is the next vet in line to get the game off. Nelson told the team at shootaround that he will bench Jax for Sunday’s game. So, suddenly, the shortage of SFs is not too bad to sit Jax. That, or the heat brought on by Crawford’s agent, Aaron Goodwin, has forced Nellie into a corner and now he’s got to sit other vets.
* Why was Jax even inbounding the ball on the final play? Not only have we seen him fail in that position before (wasn’t it opening night against the Hornets when he threw the ball away trying to hit Maggette?), but he leads the league in TOs. Plus, wasn’t he the leading scorer? Should he be taking the last shot, not setting it up?
* There was a time I wanted Emeka Okafor. That time is long gone. He got six years, $72 million. That’s $3 million a year more than Biedrins.