* I was feeling Brandan Wright last night. His activity on offense showed just how confident he’s come on that end of the court. Remember when Biedrins was the dude who never missed? I think Wright is going to become that guy. He only takes shots he can make. Most of them are close range. Plus the Warriors play faster with him on the court (as opposed to Maggette, who along with Jax likes to trot up the court)
Wright said he was fine with Nellie playing him just 16 minutes. He will want more next game, but he understood why Nelie wanted to bring him back slowly.
* But even with Wright’s nice showing, Randolph stood out. He, like Ronny, gives Warriors a presence at the rim. He outhustles everyone on the court. He crashes the boards. But he also gets carried away, mostly on offense. The question begs, who should start? Wright or Randolph?
I’m going to say Wright. Randolph is perfectly suited for the energy-of-the-bench role. My only concern is that he could be forgotten about on the bench.
* By the way, Randolph acknowledged getting banged on by Jason Terry (as if he could deny it). He certainly lit a fire under him.
Randolph: “I take anytime someone dunks on me personal.”
* Nellie said Ellis had a good game (as if he could deny it).
Nellie: “Monta’s best game by far.” Moments later. “It was a real simple game plan, and he had the ball in his hands a lot and we ran screen and rolls most of the night so he had a lot of opportunities and not only made shots, but went to the basket and made lay-ups.”
* Biedrins said his ankle wasn’t as bad as the last time. But if I were the Warriors, I’d think about shutting him down for the season. Ronny Turiaf hasn’t played that many minutes this season. The way this year is going, why risk another injury? Plus, Wright and Randolph need the minutes.