* The Warriors have been mathematically eliminated from the postseason.
* Jackson is going to miss the return of his good friend, Baron Davis, who comes to town Tuesday (anyone think he’s actually going to play). If I remember correctly, Jackson won’t be able to be in the arena while he is serving his suspension. Neither he nor Nellie was available for interviews after the game.
The Warriors I asked said they didn’t hear what he said to the ref. He certainly looked as if he was shocked. To his credit, Jax has been honest about the techs he’s earned, so he might have legitimately been shocked and not just acting. Possible.
* What’s up with Brandan Wright only getting 8 minutes, 37 seconds? Seriously? I challenge anyone to give me a good explanation as to why he isn’t playing. Can’t say he’s playing poorly, because it isn’t about winning at this point as much as it is developing youngsters,
Nellie pre-game: “Our priority right now is to play our younger guys. We’ve been doing a pretty good job staying competitive.”
Not only is Wright a youngster, but he needs to make up for lost time, having missed 26 games with his shoulder injury. Now is not the time to put him on the end of the bench and forget about him. Nellie rarely doesn’t go with his starters to open the second half. Tonight, Wright was replaced by Azubuike to start the second half. Why? Aren’t the Warriors going big next year?
HWasn’t matching up with opposing teams not working out? Is it a coincidence that Wright didn’t play at all in the third quarter, and the Warriors were outscored by 21 after getting dominated in points in the paint?
* While I’m at it, why is Randolph playing just 17 minutes? With Biedrins out, his minutes should be higher. He tied Ronny for the team-high in rebounds (6) despite playing nearly eight fewer minutes.
* Ellis has a thing for Leandro Barbosa. He dunked on him last year. This year, to start the second quarter, he blocked him twice. The second one was nasty, pinning Barbosa to the glass. Remember when Ellis was a pest on defense, under Mike Montgomery?
* By the way, Ellis looked good again scoring. His jumper is coming back. His bursts are coming back. He didn’t get a rebound for the first time this season.
Keith Smart: “He’s getting there. You can see the speed is there, his jump shot in his pocket areas…he’s starting to get those down. It’s just a matter of time. The guy is a gifted athlete, he loves to play, and you can see things are coming back for him.”
* Would you want Matt Barnes back? Nellie keeps saying he has a shortage at SF.