An announcement from Caltrans about work tonight on the Carquinez Bridge:
I-80 Carquinez Bridge Fender Replacement Project
Eastbound Lane Closures Planned for Tonight
CONTRA COSTA AND SOLANO COUNTIES – Tonight, Caltrans will begin a concrete pour for the I-80 Carquinez Bridge Fender Replacement Project. Construction equipment will be deployed on the bridge which will require lane closures on eastbound I-80 just prior to the Carquinez Bridge and will continue onto the bridge itself and the toll plaza.
Lane closures will be as follows:
· Between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m., one lane will be closed on eastbound I-80 beginning just before the Carquinez Bridge.
· Between 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., a second lane of eastbound I-80 will be closed on the Carquinez Bridge just after the Crockett onramp.
· After midnight, if needed, a third lane of eastbound I-80 will be closed on the Carquinez Bridge.
· During these closures, at least one eastbound lane will remain open at all times.
· By 8 a.m., all eastbound lanes will be open.
The construction activities are weather dependent. If work is cancelled due to weather, it will be rescheduled.
Motorists may experience delays. Caltrans will use portable changeable message signs to alert motorists about the closures. The California Highway Patrol will also be on site to assist with traffic control.
Caltrans apologizes for any inconvenience this work may cause and asks that motorists continue to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”